Firery Main Menu Graphic

I just tried it out. It looks pretty cool. How did you make the fire?

GarretSidzaka said:
i took a googled pic of fire, then used GIMP 2.0 in told it to make all edges match so that it didnt have the 'tiled' look

Can you be more specific?

ahh.. se how you did it. Ive been trying to make my menus look different but I like this one, well done :D

Rabbit Alex,

I opened JPEG of flames I got off of the internet. I did this in free graphics editor GIMP 2.0 (get it:goodjob:) and then use from the top menu Filters-->Map-->Make Seamless. This will make the object edges match if it where tiled against itself. Make sure you have the .DDS file plugin so that you can specify to save as a .DDS pic file and name it stars.dds in put it in your <your dir>\Assets\Art\Interface\Main Menu.

There ya go....phew

A burning planet! Cooool! :lol:

Or should that be hot? :hmm:

GarretSidzaka said:
Rabbit Alex,

I opened JPEG of flames I got off of the internet. I did this in free graphics editor GIMP 2.0 (get it:goodjob:) and then use from the top menu Filters-->Map-->Make Seamless. This will make the object edges match if it where tiled against itself. Make sure you have the .DDS file plugin so that you can specify to save as a .DDS pic file and name it stars.dds in put it in your <your dir>\Assets\Art\Interface\Main Menu.

There ya go....phew

Nice thank you. I'm pretty good with GIMP but I just didn't know how to do this. I have the .DDS plugin and use it all the time for the SW mod.

Thanks again :goodjob:

Call me a ******, call me a n00b, but either way tell me where to unpack the files, cause I can't find the directory! :cry:

Scotty Doesn't Know,
SilverKnight

unpack the "stars.dds" file to:

drive:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\art\interface\main menu

Now just cahnge the "baba yetu" to some war song and we got the thing that Civ is all about
Razin' burnin' an' destroyin'

I really like how you did that and added sleep now in the fire for the opening music. Thanks for telling us how to do this stuff. now, can you change the Earth part of the menu?

SoCalian said:
I really like how you did that and added sleep now in the fire for the opening music. Thanks for telling us how to do this stuff. now, can you change the Earth part of the menu?

Sure it's possible, check the moonmod to see what globe revolves around the sun there. ;)

GarretSidzaka said:
lol that song is in my mod too
That's waht I was saying, I liked how you combined the two to set a mood for the mod. Too bad It's unplayably slow, I really want to try it out.

Top Bottom