First Cultural Victory

omnimutant

Warlord
It only took me like 7.5 years but I finally won a cultural victory. Lakes Map, Tropical, Large, Marathon, Barbs, 7 AI's, UL's, Pacal II of Inca. Instead of the usual Dan Quayle Victories I get I finally landed a Cesar. :D

Attachments

• CeasarVictory.jpg
    CeasarVictory.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 64
Congrats! :) So far I have failed at my only attempt to get a cultural victory on Marathon, not easy!

Congratulations :) When did you achieve the victory? You didn't mention the date.

Forgot to ask, what did you change in your strategy that made it work this time?

I was actually going for a Domination victory, and managed to max my tech out really early. I noticed I was culture flipping my neighbors pretty fast and figured if I could focus on that I'd flip myself into domination. So I decided I'd set all cities to produce culture instead of troops or buildings, and then 100% the culture slider. The idea was I would flip cities way faster, and it was working pretty good. I was flipping a city every few turns. Then out of nowhere I won the Cultural. :cool:

I generally like to play without Space race or Timed or diplomatic options, as it completely changes the game for me.

I've found Cathedrals (and Sistine Chapel) are essential. You want as many cathedral-type buildings as possible in your three cultural cities, which means missionary spam to your other cities.

Top Bottom