First Emperor Victory

shumble

Emperor
Well, I got my first Emperor Victory after coming close in my previous game. It was a Space Race Victory and came in 1906. Thanks for all the tips from this site. I would never have thought about not researching any techs. I actually didn't start researching techs until Radio. Every other tech I traded for and bought.

I also only had 16 cities at the end of the game and managed to keep the other 2 superpowers (France and Babylon) from starting a war with me. I think for the other types of victories though I'm going to have to start warring earlier than I did. 16 cities just isn't enough later in the game.

So, there are 4 victory types left. I think I'll have trouble getting a Cultural Victory on the Emperor level. The computer just builds too fast, but I'm going to try for it. Any ideas about things to try?

:goodjob:

And welcome to CFC. Culture on Emperor. Conquer about 60% of the map (just below the 66% domination limit) and then build many many cities in which you rush culture. If you have competitors for a 100k culture victory; raze some of the enemy cities.

See the "6" in my sig ? click it; it's a game where we try for an Emperor Cultural victory.

cultural victorys are hard for me. i like to go for the domination, space race, or diplomatic... but congrajulations on winning in emperor (i can barly win on monarch :sad: )

I just recently won an Emperor Space Race(only my second Emperor win :D), so congrats to you!

For cultural, that is really hard for me. I have never gotten a cultural victory on anything higher than Regent.

Cultural victories are kinda pointless at higher levels. You have no hope of actually generating culture faster than the AI through most of the game so you end up conquering them down to meaninglessness. If you're gonna do that, you might as well finish them off via conquest or domination. Spaceship victory is often like that too.

Cultural 100k is unlike 20k (which I learned the hard way in COTM 12). You don't have to start rushing culture from the beginning franticly. Focus on military, control virtually the whole world, and you have all the wonders and plenty of cities to rush culture buildings. At beginning of the game, space cities normally, then once the world is in your hands, ICS everywhere. In 20k, however you do have to franticly start building temples, wonders, etc.

20K emperor isn't too hard. But it's less like conquest than 100k is, so I would recommend going for a cultural victory that way. 100k is often just an exercise in patience, so why do it? A few wonders, though, and some interesting trading, can be fun as a small nation (just enough cities to build the Forbidden Palace, say) and trying to keep up.

Arathorn

I would prefer to try for the 20K emperor victory. If I have to conquer most of the world to get the 100K victory, it seems more appropriate to just finish them off and get either a domination or military victory.

I have been going through each level trying to get each different type of victory on each one.

On Monarch, I was able to get the 20K victory with a relatively small amount of cities since you only need one city to have the Wonders and culture and the other cities can be taking care of the rest. The problem is that you need to get as much culture as early as possible so that you can get the bonuses at the 1000 years and this takes away from expansion.

NO, no, no! 100K culture victories don't have to be like that at all. There is another way of doing it. I've done it.

I build about 20 cities, flipped about 5 more AI cities along the way. I build my culture early, to take advantage of the 1000 year culture doubling and the post 1750AD time slow-down. By 750AD, I had temple+lib+cathedral+university in almost all of my cities, and about half of them had coliseum. That was enough for a victory date in the 1800's.

BTW, it is actually easier to do this at emperor than any other levels, because emperor AI's research fast enough to reach Education before 750AD, but don't have too much discount on their culture building to make it impossible to beat them.

Well im glad someone said that. At one point the cultural victory seemed to be a thing of legend to me. But im finding im getting more and more cultural victories in the games i play. Probably something along the lines of 1 in 4 to 1-5 is cultural. It really is asimple as that get in with the culture items early on and watch that culture fly after 1000 years.

My first emporer victory was a space race too, it was russians in 2043!
I finished just in time.

Top Bottom