1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

First "Fully Promoted" Governor...

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Requests & Ideas' started by Zyxpsilon, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Anyone knows why **only** the first of them gets a proper Timeline Moment? There has to be some LUA variable/function controlling this .. but i can't figure out where or how.

Firaxis art staff bothered creating a specific GFX/Texture for each... soooooo strangely -- we just have one per gameplay session!
    Yet, i'd like to somehow "fix" that loop condition if possible.

2. Infixo

Infixo Deity

There is nothing wrong here.
    This is the type of moment that is triggered only once but depending on what is the "subject" - different picture is shown.
    Same situation as with e.g. founding a religion. Each religion has its own picture, but you will see only one.

3. Cosmic Fox

Cosmic Fox Civ 6 Addict - TB Mod Collaborator

Yes but it is a real effort and nice historical moment for each Governor to be maxed out. I would rather see a special one designed for each one then a single historical moment. :p

Love your mods for civ6 Infixo :) thanks

4. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

All true.. yet, the most obvious argument 'for or against' is that we rarely can ever fill-out more than one or two (much tougher to achieve & so on, btw) Governors in a single game. The points wouldn't addup sufficiently for maybe up to a third only.. i think anyway.

It's just strange that the first gets a special "Historic Moment" treatment (thus popping the cool GFX on the timeline) while anyone else can't unless purposely setup to do so. If the code can't be instructed to process the "cycle" as indirectly repeatable (with unique slots for each).. so be it. I simply thought it might haven been possible to alter that logic.

5. Infixo

Infixo Deity

All moments are programmed in the engine, they are not configurable. In this case Firaxis decided that only first one would be significant.
    You can only change its picture, era score and eras when it is valid.

6. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Oh -- then, the hard-coded obstacle is enough of a proof for me.

Related inquiry then.. Do you think it might be possible to "re-activate" extra things like Manhattan Project & Operation Ivy (i've posted about their ignored custom GFX files elsewhere) as proper major moments instead of what they are by default -- Smalls??
    If so.. that would definitely open up a wild bunch of supplemental stuff for the timeline since i discovered many more idled files (which can also be seen in your RealEraTracker panels, btw) in the SDK/Shared/Pantry. SQL could even be sufficient to hook those in a formal mod, i'm guessing.

7. Infixo

Infixo Deity

What "re-activation" do you mean? There is MOMENT_PROJECT_FOUNDED_MANHATTEN and MOMENT_PROJECT_FOUNDED_OPERATION_IVY. If they are not triggering then it is a bug in the game core.
    If you want to change small pictures into big ones, then set IconTexture to NULL and BackgroundTexture to the picture you discovered and see if this helps.

8. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Yes.. that *is* the tricky situation.

Their moments are dispatched as "small" while the actual GFX files are also defined by the "Expansion1_Moments.XML" data puller ... but they both are wrongfully handled as "Small instances" with their respective big images discarded as invalid calls. As you already noted, refer to this excerpt for clarity..

Code:
    <Row MomentType="MOMENT_PROJECT_FOUNDED_MANHATTEN" Name="LOC_MOMENT_PROJECT_FOUNDED_MANHATTEN" Description="LOC_MOMENT_PROJECT_FOUNDED_MANHATTEN_DESCRIPTION" InstanceDescription="LOC_MOMENT_PROJECT_FOUNDED_MANHATTEN_INSTANCE_DESCRIPTION" InterestLevel="1" IconTexture="MomentSmall_Science" EraScore="2"/>
    <Row MomentType="MOMENT_PROJECT_FOUNDED_OPERATION_IVY" Name="LOC_MOMENT_PROJECT_FOUNDED_OPERATION_IVY" Description="LOC_MOMENT_PROJECT_FOUNDED_OPERATION_IVY_DESCRIPTION" InstanceDescription="LOC_MOMENT_PROJECT_FOUNDED_OPERATION_IVY_INSTANCE_DESCRIPTION" InterestLevel="1" IconTexture="MomentSmall_Science" EraScore="2"/>
    Sooooo.. as you recommend, i have to presume swapping the above IconTexture (implicit) instructions for valid BackgroundTextures (dds) via SQL corrections could produce the necessary expected Small-TO-Big logic by whatever external LUA function. Right?
    My problem is context related.. as if the code mechanics fail to register in my mind. To you such stuff is simple.. but to me, it's puzzling in terms of "knowing what LUA is supposed to do with various components".
    Even if XML is somewhat easy to grasp (HUD/UI calibrations, etc) for me.. i still have to comprehend how everything hooks together. Weird. Sorry for bothering with basics like that.

PS; All of this is mostly to verify if someone (maybe me!) could *also* re-activate a few more discarded (but still interesting) elements that i found in the Pantry files, btw. Here's a few i'd be willing to at least try for...

RE-Activate_1.png

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  9. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Okay.. something else, please!

@Infixo or anyone else interested (or willing to tackle such a tricky project)...

The "small moments" are generic placeholders for various timeline principles -- two of which in particular could be fun to somewhat enhance with an additional overlay that exposes the corresponding elements as defined by the text strings involved. See snapshot below..

GP+Wonders_NewSmall(s).png

1) Leif Erikson GP is an Admiral. So, depending on which types are being triggered their overlay(s) could match with the familiar symbols (shown as white/blueish in the GP screens/list). Examples...

FontIcons_9GP_AlignedRow.png

2) Each of the Wonders also have specific symbols. The fall-back pseudo Liberty/Statue (86x86) above could be replaced by the regular dropping/orb while their icons would just overlay it. Here's some from the vanilla Atlas..

Wonders64.png

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  10. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

@dshirk,
    Would you mind passing this stuff along to someone in the Dev-Staff for consideration as official (enhancements instead of any external modding try-out!) content??

I've already ask too many times in the usual community here and even abroad & thus, my hopes shall now stand on a lucky decision at Firaxis, only.

steemroller likes this.
  11. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Big encoding gamble has just started for me & a mystery partner that would possibly work on various GFX files for an upcoming CHMZ mod.

Sooooo.. in order to evaluate whatever assets should "integrate" into the regular Timeline HUD system, i took the GoldenGateBrigde on some overlay masking trip to sample out how the LUA/XML fixes would present any of the Wonders if given dedicated Moment(s) and the necessary texturing component(s). Since we don't yet have the required function/logic to handle these gameplay situations & thus, transfer their small-UI to the bigger "Illustration" principle -- i had to hack something to use the Natural Wonders cycle (Matterhorn in this case).

It temporarily has a nifty mask which could also be replaced by other frameworks if need be.. 49 to do but still, a relatively convincing first attempt was all i needed to begin these huge tasks.

GGB_TimelineSampling.png

So far so good -- all i'd really need now is that a skilled LUA coder would graciously provide us their precious free-time to help out with that cool stuff!
    :please:

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  12. thomas.seller

thomas.seller Chieftain

(2)Moment_ShipwreckArtifact (1).png (1a)Moment_OperationIvy (1).png (1b)Moment_Manhattan_Project (1).png

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  13. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Well.. looks like the mystery partner has just revealed himself. :hatsoff:

Welcome user @thomas.seller to the speculative CHMZ team project where a bunch of extra enhancements would be introduced to the usual 'History Timeline' while still adding colorized (as shown above by a few samples) elements in various ways.

WIP! But at least we now have a clear & obvious sturdy start with some minimal GFX assets. Let's see how the LUA/XML coding tasks progress goes .. as far as my hopes intend to bring them together. Of course IF anyone is willing to share their skills & hints.. i beg you -- please do!

Let's go.
    :rockon:

PS; I figured out what controls the Small/vs/Large moments hooking call(s). Simply an "Interest Level" field that triggers the proper table scan/stack phase. 1/vs/3 (and re-defined Illustration textures) is all what should matter when looping in our wacky swaps. :)

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  14. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Eureka -- we have success!
    All it took was this small SQL gimmick and properly declared custom/colored Textures...
    Code:
    --CHMZ_Enhancing
    UPDATE [Moments]
    SET [InterestLevel] = '3', [BackgroundTexture] = 'CHMZ_Moment_OperationIvy.dds'
    WHERE ([MomentType] = 'MOMENT_PROJECT_FOUNDED_OPERATION_IVY');

UPDATE [Moments]
    SET [InterestLevel] = '3', [BackgroundTexture] = 'CHMZ_Moment_Manhattan_Project.dds'
    WHERE ([MomentType] = 'MOMENT_PROJECT_FOUNDED_MANHATTEN');

... to produce these two ingame results (ignore the top box inserts and arrows.. just to indicate what was changed);

Manhattan+Ivy_Success.png

Now.. onto tackling plenty more extras. :)

steemroller likes this.
  15. thomas.seller

thomas.seller Chieftain

(6a)Moment_BuiltWonderPreviousEra (1).png

Attached Files:

16. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Excellent work as usual, GMR (@thomas.seller) !
    I've already integrated a few --more-- (including 6 from the package right above) and we are very near to release our first version of that CHMZ Enhanced mod on Steam.. i think.

Sooooo.. let's discuss any last minute development details in a chat later on , Ok?

17. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Btw.. I am currently working on that "Small Moments" stuff..

Smalls_Sampling.png

Top-Left are the City group (fully works ingame).. GreatPersons (via identity layers) & +1 point Strategy-Resources-Used (still to activate properly via runtime DataType assignments) are next.

18. thomas.seller

thomas.seller Chieftain

Impressive stuff there was wondering how you were going to do those

Attached Files:

19. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Honestly.. might get a bit tricky with indirect hooks to pseudo "Interest Levels" that could dispatch the right Icons for each unique types. Seems the current SQL structure could format alternate Illustrations components that would react as expected. Same situation with "Wonders", btw. As we now use your two valid moments (Old+Current) to expose them all.. i'd have to fiddle with some Zero Interest hacks to deploy any given secondary flow.
    @Infixo would probably need to intervene (hopefully) as i'm not sure 100% on how to proceed for that one.

PS; Hey, your third pack is ready.. Good -- more assets will join the upcoming release. Possibly by this week-end, i think.

20. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Oh... Done with the Steam Splasher image, btw.

CHMZ-Enhanced_Splasher.png

Do you like it, partner? :high5: