First Game of Gods & Kings - What you gonna do?

Mark the Bold

Warlord
I'm giddily excited for this game! As such, I've been thinking about how I'm going set up my first game of the expansion.

I plan on:

Me: Egypt (my uber favorite civ)
Map: Standard Continents High Sea Level
Difficulty: Emperor
Opponents: ALL the new civs + England!

I'm going to hold out on actually playing as a new civ my first game so I can learn the new mechanics, social policies, city state politics with a civ I know how to play well.

This also allows me to see who emerges supreme as the runaway civ from the new expansions (I suspect Attila) and how they interact diplomatically with me. I added England because I want to see who rules the sea (England or Holland).

So what are you guys gonna do for your first game?

I'm going to play as Austria on my usual Huge Continents Marathon game and let the computer decide who my opponents are.

The second game is going to be a hard one for me. Do I play as the Dutch, Carthage, or the Huns?

Step One: Play Japan
Step Two: Found Tentaclemonsterism Religion
Step Three: Steal Underpants
Step Four: ???
Step Five: PROFIT!

Seriously, though, first game I just want to try out the new mechanics using my standard settings (maybe lower the difficulty down to Prince, though).

Japan, Continents (Wet/Cold), Standard Time, Standard Resources, Standard Size.

The second game is going to be a hard one for me. Do I play as the Dutch, Carthage, or the Huns?

I vote for playing as Carthage, Eagle.

You people who plan to play as a civ from before G&K shock me. It's like being given a brand new and fancy computer and the first thing you do on it is play Solitaire. :)

I'll likely play as Byzantine in my first game as I like them historically and I think the extra religious belief will make it more fun to customize my religion.

^^^^^^^^^

Well, they aren't going anywhere. Plus, I'm more interested in what the new mechanics offer rather than what Bodica's boobs look like (i.e., huge forum debates on this subject have been spotted)

You people who plan to play as a civ from before G&K shock me. It's like being given a brand new and fancy computer and the first thing you do on it is play Solitaire. :)

I'll likely play as Byzantine in my first game as I like them historically and I think the extra religious belief will make it more fun to customize my religion.

I find as much joy just seeing the AI's pick the new civs, or even just knowing they are out there, than neccessarily playing it myself. The new variety and possibility is enough for me :)

My first game, probably this;
Egypt
Kemetism
Huge, Continents (I'd much rather play on Tectonics or PerfectWorld, if I knew they would be 100% compatible with all the new resources), Sparse Resources, Wet / Hot as usual :):)

Pangea, Epic, huge, scarce resouces, no barbs, no ruins, two players, Suliman (me) vs Ganhdi (AI).

Deal with it.

Wow... some of you have some weird tastes.

How about Random, Standard, Immortal/Emperor? There... now some sensibility has returned.

My first game will be as the Huns going for a Science victory. Because achievements, and because I like playing civs outside their expected paradigm.

King, Continents +, Large, Standard pace.

Top Bottom