First Game Post-Patch

Kevin J

Hewer of Wood
I'm interested in hearing people's stories of their first game after the new patch, or their plans for their first game. Is the plan to try a specific strategy based on the changes? Or just play a game through and see if you notice a change?

Please post your plan for or story or playthrough of your first game post-patch.

Me: I'm about to fire up Civ V for my first game, and I want to see how the pyramid change pans out, playing as Egypt for some thematic fun. EDIT: DLC is out. Same plan but with Korea.

Trying out Korea, so far so good, very far ahead of everyone with science. Babylon's my favorite and science victory is usually my goal, so I thought Korea would work well with my typical strategy. Didn't get a chance to build any of the new wonders, because seriously 3 AI civs had marble at their capitals.

Im glad to see the MP improvements, the game with my friends today was very stable. For that, I can say I like this patch.

But, firafix need to be more ambitious. Small tweaks arent good enought. I can honest say that Thals + CS diplomacy MODs are way ahead of vanilla.

IMO firaxis can stop working on balance now and get busy with a proper expansion, so they can try to solve this game real problems.

Top Bottom