first impressions

owenbevt

Chieftain
Hi team, looking around the map for the first time these are my first impressions on things I might do differently (other than have a much smaller Civ because I’d have got a settler stupidly eaten by a lion)
I’m almost completely new to online playing so these ideas are probably stupid- but having stupid ideas trashed is probably the best way for me to learn

1:wouldn’t a monument have got Gottingen access to pigs + fish quicker than a library which could have then bean built quicker by a bigger population (and when it has some commerce for the library to give a bonus to)

2: no one seams to be on there way to build a gem mine and Entropha will soon have the population to use it.

3: what’s the reason behind sailing rather than something of more immediate use? Scanning the threads I see there’s some diplomatic reason but I don’t quite get the politics of our new world yet (has this world got a name?)

Hi Owen, welcome to the team! (and CFC)

On research of sailing, you're right it's because our allies asked for it. Once we and Cavalieros have explored the coast, we'll be able to trade. Admittedly, the other two teams might get more immediate use than we will, though that's not sure either. Gottingen will be connected, so when we connect the resources up there we'll see the benefit.

I think the gem mine might come after the iron mine. It will raise the effective population cap, in addition to giving hammers and coins. Most of the worker actions have followed a different path than I would have used, so I'm unsure of the nuances.

On the Monument:
I don't have time for a :hammers: analysis, but here's my thinking. Why spend 30 hammers to build something that only does 1 thing not very well, when we could take a little more time to build something that we'll use the entire game long?

Plus, being financial, the sooner we can start leveraging our free +50% :commerce: on 2 :commerce: tiles, the better.

Owen
IW has researched few turns ago, then there are the option 1 BT direct to gems and the other later, (gems mine =7 worker -turns) or the iron mine in 3 and now with 2 worker next turn go to gems. this was Topas plan/suggestion and we/I 've made it.
Only for charismatic leader mnuments are valued. We need 2 chops and 1 people to whipp and get library a valued city improvement and after few additional turns the needed cultural expansion, the wb 'll build in CERN and in right there. Now with iron-mine a turn earlyer.
This was my plan/suggestion and it must be clear, you can make another plan, after that we can decide. Also you can and should say every question, you see. Sometimes we look from one direction and don't see the other possibilities.

Top Bottom