First login in years

Roman Legion

Emperor
So I'm back, been playing Civ 6 lately, last civ I played was civ 3 and hadn't played that in year, let alone logged in here. Trying to figure out civ 6, it's a different beast, but I'll get there. I finished my first play through today and lost of course lol

But between last login and now, a lot has changed in my life and I hope I'm not as much of an idiot and a jerk as I feel I likely was as a kid being around here.

Anyway, need to figure out how to mod civ 6 now and what mods are must haves. I hope to stick around here regularly and make some new friends, learn something and contribute again. Off to play my second play through on Civ 6.

Take a look at the highest rated mods on the Workshop, there are some real gems to be found. I use mods that add in more units to fill in the gaps, to make the World Congress appear later and some UI adjustments.

Honestly I'd probably get my feet wet with vanilla before diving into mods etc. There are a lot more mechanics at play here vs. CivIII.

Yeah I would also recommend getting familiar with the base stuff before any mods or DLC.

My favorite mods are nothing big gamechanging ones, I like 'Colored historic moments', 'No Giant Death Robot unit", "Real great people" and some fan made civs and leaders.

Honestly I'd probably get my feet wet with vanilla before diving into mods etc. There are a lot more mechanics at play here vs. CivIII.

That's my thing with video games. It's a bit painful to watch people play a really great game packed with mods before playing vanilla first. And I barely ever mod the game with stuff hat completely changes the game. But that's me.

Yeah I would also recommend getting familiar with the base stuff before any mods or DLC.

My favorite mods are nothing big gamechanging ones, I like 'Colored historic moments', 'No Giant Death Robot unit", "Real great people" and some fan made civs and leaders.
The only one I use is "better reports," well, because I was sick of not being able to sort by yields

But between last login and now, a lot has changed in my life and I hope I'm not as much of an idiot and a jerk as I feel I likely was as a kid being around here.
If had started posting back when I started lurking here, I would probably have a wholly terrible reputation. ( Instead of my carefully managed facade of mediocrity!)

Welcome back!

I'm a big fan of Sukritact's Simple UI adjustments. The UI in civ 6 still leaves a lot to be desired. This fixes a few issues.

Thanks everyone! Yeah, I do plan to keep things un-modded for now except maybe for some minor improvements as mentioned above, possibly, but I'm in my second game of civ 6 now and doing better but still learning a bunch. I dunno if I'll win but I don't think I'm doing nearly as bad as I did my first playthrough lol

Top Bottom