1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

First Look: Egypt

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Mort_Q, Jul 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mort_Q

Mort_Q Prince

2. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

We are already discussing this video in the "Egypt and Cleopatra" thread.

3. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

Egypt looks good. :)

Should be a really fun builder type Civ.

4. King Jason

King Jason Fleece-bearer

It should be renamed. I stopped looking at that thread weeks ago and had no idea this video was up until I decided to check youtube on my own.

5. rastak

rastak Emperor

I would also have preferred it have it's own thread myself.

6. toft

toft King

It was in a new thread, but a mod thought it would be better to hide it on an old post on page 14 or something.

7. Thormodr

I'm not sure if this got mentioned somewhere but there is a continent called Avalonia. :)

8. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Yeah I didn't get it, yeah merge all the "new video!!!" threads into one but I thought it deserved to be separate from the pre-video speculation.

9. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Jokerfied Western Male

Egypt looks really good. I thought Cleopatra's agenda was hinting at a type pf diplomatic warmonger, but it looks like a really good and balanced builder civ.

10. King Jason

King Jason Fleece-bearer

It would appear that they have a list of continent names that either actually existed or are at least theoretical. The first continent name we caught in the very first gameplay video, "Lemuria", is a thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemuria_(continent)

I imagine the ingame list should be pretty expansive. They'll probably be randomized from game to game - randomized naming lists aren't hard to code at all.

Either way it's a very nice touch.

11. redwings1340

redwings1340 Emperor

I think each new video should be its own thread. I've been obsessed with finding more information, and I realized something might be up when I saw Egypt was getting a lot of discussion, but I had to go back a few pages to find the actual video. It just makes it easier for people to see new content for the people who aren't here 24/7.

Egypt looks pretty interesting. A variety of bonuses, but all geared towards being able to build up with good religion and culture while making other civilizations like you. I like that we haven't seen any civs yet that just look... bland to me, as though it were playing a non-unique civ, as sometimes happened in V.

12. Hannibal XIII

Hannibal XIII Warlord

And all of the city names are in Greek, despite there being available sources for the Egyptian names of these cities :wallbash:

13. moysturfurmer

moysturfurmer Emperor

yup. Where do we discuss the fact that two continents "Avalonia" and "Valburra" have been named? Or that Kabul was revealed. Where do we discuss the weird sword icons next to all the trade routes?

EDIT: whoops looks like it wasn't "Valburra." I posted the real name somewhere in that 20 page Cleopatra thread.

14. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

And "Rome" is really "Roma", and "Moscow" is really "Moskva", etc.... get over it.

15. Thormodr

Yes, I agree. It's a little thing but it's a very nice touch. :)

16. moysturfurmer

moysturfurmer Emperor

Valbaara. The other continent name is Valbaara. Also a real continent that parts of Australia and Africa?Asia? used to be.

Edit: also, Mort Q you oughta consider updating OP with all the info gleaned from the new vid.

17. stroypa

stroypa Chieftain

So part of Egypt's unique ability is that they can build any wonder on a floodplain. Is that right?

18. toft

toft King

at 0:44 I think it's the Collossus you can spot down in left corner - one a 1-tile island. Nice..

19. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Jokerfied Western Male

I think it means that other civs can't build districts or wonders on floodplains (except for some pecific wonders like the Pyramids).

20. anandus

anandus Errorist

Very cool, I like it.
    Although I don't really understand the part about floodplains. Did she insinuate that normally you can't build districts and wonders on floodplains?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.