1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] First Look: Georgia

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Eric Guimarães

Eric Guimarães Chieftain

wow that's a new monument!:love:

nzcamel likes this.
  2. Ivan Hunger

Ivan Hunger Chieftain

My guess on Tamar's agenda:

"Likes civilizations who spread the same religion that Georgia is following to city states. Dislikes civilizations that spread other religions to city-states or declare war on city-states following the same religion as Georgia."

3. seasnake

seasnake Conquistador

I think more than one person wondered about Cyrus, to be honest. I did, I felt he looked more Arabic than Persian. But regardless that seems beside the point.

My true issue was the post that "She's from Region X, therefore she should look..." I don't like that, and I thought that seemed misleadingly simplistic. However, It seems you're acknowledging that there's some more nuance and diversity in the region than your first post indicated, so yeah, I think it's all good.

I do think in final release they'll crank it back it a bit on her skin tone a bit to make it look like something between it's current version and modern Georgians shown in the pictures.

Guandao and nzcamel like this.
  4. Trengilly

Trengilly Chieftain

Well in the timeline shot the Khevsureti achievement is shown just before the Medieval period. I wonder if it becomes available on the Civics tree at Military Training or Defensive Tactics. And if its not a Swordsman replacement then its going to be painful to have to hard build them and they seem way too weak. Eager to hear Ed's reply

CPWimmer likes this.
  5. Sagax

Sagax Warlord

With occasional Pericles when seeing his City States with a queen they tell him not to worry about.

Guandao and Kimiimaro like this.
  6. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

This one has already been spotted in Chandragupta's first look :p

Guandao likes this.
  7. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

I don't think it's outright stated anywhere, but with 40 combat strength I very much doubt they're not a swordsman replacement. In medieval they'd be a pretty weak unit, as pikeman have 42 (?) strength and knights have 48.

CPWimmer likes this.
  8. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Unintentionally a feminist.

Exactly :lol: and then she'll send over a peace-keeping delegation of faith-bought khevurseti :hammer:

Duckfromstatefarm likes this.
  9. K4wa

K4wa Chieftain

I am sorry but this "Tsikhe" looks nothing like a Georgian building.

10. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

I'm not actually saying "She's from Region X, therefore she should look...". Though my simplistic dig with the map could have been interpreted that way to be fair. Lots of people seemed to think she should look like someone from much further North-West; so I felt the need to point out that that wasn't exactly accurate.
    I don't see why they would change her. I'm not expert on Eastern Asians; but I don't think there is any doubt that Queen Seondeok looked more SE Asian, than Korean. Whereas Tamar easily falls into the realm of what Georgians have looked like historically.

11. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

People are underestimating a 100% boost to faith. Severely underestimating it.

Ai loves dowing city-states. As pointed out, you can get a protectorate war pretty easily. Plan for it! The fact you have never declared one before, or almost never, is meaningless. Imagine a +100% gold boost for 10 turns? Faith is the same, except more valuable when buying GPs. Geez, I had a recent game where I was getting over 1k faith a turn. Imagine a 100% kicker to that? In a Theocracy?

Okay, this is not a powerhouse civ. But I think people will absolutely love playing her, particularly when the boost is on.

But any other civ that gets a 100% boost to something, you'd plan around it, and turn it into something special. Just because its faith here shouldn't make it meh.
    Absurdity.

Gandhi had naturally dark skin. He'd have to have treatment to get bleached. Tamar could easily pass as some California chicky. I'm 100% white, but I can get darker than she is. Is it necessary to portray someone as never going outside? Maybe she's just back from a crusade.

Siptah, bite, Ivan Hunger and 4 others like this.
  12. Inhalaattori

Inhalaattori Chieftain

I dont really see this skin-color discussion as controversial, its just about historical accuracy. We had same kind of controversy with Korea and they changed the skin color. I know people from Georgia and none of them have dark or even brown skin. I would say Georgians are lighter than South-Europeans on average so her skin color would make more sense if she was Greek for example. I feel that Americans in general have this false idea that people in the Caucasus region are usually brown-skinned when that is not true at all.

Guandao likes this.
  13. seasnake

seasnake Conquistador

Fair enough, I admit I probably took it that way then. Personal problem, perhaps, because I love history and geography and have a lot of people who seem to think everyone in the Middle East is a ... (well, I won't post it because I think I'd get a flag). Acknowledging regional nuance and diversity is well worth it, and seemingly rare at times.

Regardless, I agree with you that she shouldn't look like even Jadwiga, but I do think that when one looks at modern Georgians, historic Georgians and artwork of Tamar, there's room for adjustment, definitely.

Guandao likes this.
  14. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

I really can't tell if this is an attempt at humor.

evanaurora and Leyrann like this.
  15. clapyourhands

clapyourhands Chieftain

The protectorate war bonus may be a bit situational, but IMO it's somewhat better than one might think at first glance because of the defensive threat.

ie: Bonus envoys for city-states following your religion, giving you a supermajority on 2-3 religious city-states -> Use the faith to convert non-religious city-states and gain bonus envoys there -> gain a bunch of faith and minor other CS bonuses + suzerain bonuses

With bonus envoys it'd be very difficult for other civs to usurp your suzerain bonus, giving you a consistent source of faith (and other things). If they try to take the CS with force, the earlier protectorate CB would keep your faith up anyways while you get the CS back--it'd be even higher than if the CS was never taken in the first place. The other civ could raze the CS, but in single-player that comes with disadvantages of its own.

16. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

Still looks the same to me....

As Kimiimaro pointed out, it's the new Indian monument, presumably shared with Arabia and maybe Persia too. It seems to be based on the Qutb Minar.

I looked up Tsikhe on Google and got Gori Fortress.

stealth_nsk and Kimiimaro like this.
  17. Bonci

Bonci Chieftain

A sad day...

Prima Italia likes this.
  18. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Blackpilled Idealist

I am pretty sure I saw in one of the livestreams that Protectorate War CB unlocked at Defensive Tactics. So, either wishful thinking made me imagine things, Georgia gets it later than anyone else, or that was an earlier build and they changed it again.

I think they changed the governments and Theocracy doesn't allow you to buy units with faith any more unless you have Minister's Chapel
    Monarchy looks more interesting. Maybe I'll even build Renaissance Walls for once.

Would it really help with the complaints if they made Tamar look more Korean ?

19. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

Is that amber in the water south of Rustavi or something else?

20. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Meh, if they do, what do I care? I wanted Armenia; not freaken Georgia :hammer2::deadhorse:
    Being beaten into Civ by a meme feels pretty low. Yeah Georgia did okay at times. But it's the equivalent of putting the Netherlands into the game instead of the U.K. :shake:

agonistes and Guandao like this.