[R&F] First Look: Georgia

I am pretty sure I saw in one of the livestreams that Protectorate War CB unlocked at Defensive Tactics. So, either wishful thinking made me imagine things, Georgia gets it later than anyone else, or that was an earlier build and they changed it again.
They get it with Theocracy it said

So the majority of modern Georgians are pretty fair skinned... most artwork of Tamar shows her as fair skinned... kings and queens are typically lighter in skin tone than their countrymen (no hard labor after all)...

I'm kind of confused where the deep tan and its defenders are coming from on this one. There doesn't seem to be much to support it other than saying the visual representations of her from the time were wrong without any evidence this is true.

I mean I think her model looks great but she doesn't really match up with her historic representation or the people of the nation she represents, let's just be honest

Tamar looks nice and her music FL music is... interesting.

To be honest, when I first saw the first look, I was disappointed with her abilities, but after watching it again, I started to think she might be interesting Civ to play. But I'm afraid that she won't be the first R&F leader I'm going to play as. For now, it's going to be Wilhelmina :p

I looked up Tsikhe on Google and got [URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gori_Fortress' said:
Gori Fortress[/URL].

Which looks nothing like the building in the video.
I also have some minor complaints:

The grammar mistake in the word "Khevsureti" (which refers to the region, not the actual warriors, it should have been called "Khevsur warriors' as in warriors from Khevsureti)

The church in the background behind Tamar looks more like a Greek church not Georgian.

No polyphonic singing in the soundtrack.

And Tamar here looks somewhat darker than your typical Georgian. Trust me.

Maybe the general balance of the game will change significantly in R&F, but Georgia/Tamar's unique bonuses look to be the second most boring of the revealed civs so far (only Genghis looks less interesting to play as)...

May I express how profoundly disappointed I am? The dress is spot on, but otherwise Tamar looks nothing like any depiction of Tamar. Even the crown, which is extremely distinctive, is wrong. As for the civ design...I think it's a stretch to say she "plays with the ages system in an interesting way." Some people here on the boards came up with some much more interesting ideas. And...unique Renaissance Walls? Really? :cry: I mean, I'm still over the moon that Tamar and Georgia were included, but... :( Also, the fact that Tamar's cities are Eastern Orthodox in the First Look means once again the devs have conflated Eastern Orthodoxy and Oriental Orthodoxy. :hmm:

May I express how profoundly disappointed I am? The dress is spot on, but otherwise Tamar looks nothing like any depiction of Tamar. Even the crown, which is extremely distinctive, is wrong. As for the civ design...I think it's a stretch to say she "plays with the ages system in an interesting way." Some people here on the boards came up with some much more interesting ideas. And...unique Renaissance Walls? Really? :cry: I mean, I'm still over the moon that Tamar and Georgia were included, but... :( Also, the fact that Tamar's cities are Eastern Orthodox in the First Look means once again the devs have conflated Eastern Orthodoxy and Oriental Orthodoxy. :hmm:

Yeah, Georgia seems meh to me.

I'm also frustrated at the lack of religions in the game. They seem like the simplest thing to add. Just a basic icon, after all.

Also, the fact that Tamar's cities are Eastern Orthodox in the First Look means once again the devs have conflated Eastern Orthodoxy and Oriental Orthodoxy. :hmm:
I don't really care about that because we have an excellent mod to fix this issue) Thanks, Tomatekh.

Georgia to me looks like a strong religious, cultural and dominance civ. here are my thoghts on different aspects of this civ:

CA: Golden Ages can be pretty strong and they provide bonuses for religion, science and so on. Georgia can both use GA to help it found a religion, and that goes well with the LA, and it can also use religious dedications to help it earn a GA. This makes religion a top priority to Georgia as well as earning GAs. So, in the early game you can concentrate on getting religion as soon as possible if you intend to make heavy usage of Tamar's ability. Alternatively, you can try to earn a GA that will help you found a religion. This CA can naturally be used to enhance different aspects of your civ, like culture and military strength, although the LA rather puts you on religious route.

LA: This is also a very versatile ability, since CS provide a variety of bonuses, that can be used for all victory types. Faith from Protectorate Wars is a little bit situational, but it helps you buy unis and GPs, so again it can be used in a big variety of ways. Monarchy will have a very strong synergy with it, as well as Theocracy for faith purchase discounts. Note that purchasing units with faith is now available for all types of governments with a G-Plaza building, so Theocracy is now not necessary for that, but more so for cutural victories with Natural Parks, since Naturalists cost a lot of Faith.

UU: It is pretty powerful and can be easily bought with Faith, so Georgia can be pretty good at domination.
UB: Extra Faith for a religion-focused civ is always useful. Walls can also provide Housing and Tourism, and that makes Monarchy even more important.
Overall, a very powerful and versatile civ, can easily Tier 2 if not 1 if played right.

She definitely seems to be one of the weakest Civs mainly because she doesnt have anything to help her in the early game and she also doesnt have anything that secures her a religion.

Top Bottom