First Look: Kongo

Sansa_Stark

Prince

Kongo UA: Each Relic, Artifact and Great Work of Sculpture gets food, production and gold. Gets extra Great Artist and Great Merchant points each turn (not clear since when).
UU: Ngao Mbeba (swordsman): Extra defense vs ranged attacks, neither woods or rain forests slow them down or block sight, they don't need iron.
UI: Neighborhoods replacement Mbanza (?), can be build earlier, provides housing, food and gold.
Leader UA: Can't build Holy Sites (and can't found a religion), but does get a Founder Belifer of any religion that has established itself in a majority of his cities. Gets and Apostle each time he finishes Mbanza (?) and Theater District of that city's religion.

Woooohoooooo!
Ngao Mbeba is exactly as I thought it is.
And finally a malus! No Holy Site.

Woooohoooooo!
Ngao Mbeba is exactly as I thought it is.
And finally a malus! No Holy Site.

I heard that. I wonder how they will gain pantheon without easy faith generation? If you are isolated it may be forever before you convert to a religion. I guess this is where certain policies come into play.

So these guys actually get Founder beliefs of religion in their cities. That's pretty interesting.

You mean this? I don't think we've seen this before.

Spoiler :

Yes, I'm actually pretty sure it is Great Zimbabwe.

So there is some way to win a religious victory without founding a religion. Otherwise Kongo would be out for that.

Edit: he looks really great.
Edit 2: do all neighborhoods provide food and gold? Or just Kongo's unique ones?

You mean this? I don't think we've seen this before.

Spoiler :

In the video you can clearly see it is next to Cattle and a Commercial Hub, so it makes a lot of sense that it would be the Great Zimbabwe.

EDIT: During this shot, cool infantry models for Kongo are also visible.

In the video you can clearly see it is next to Cattle and a Commercial Hub, so it makes a lot of sense that it would be the Great Zimbabwe.

EDIT: During this shot, cool infantry models for Kongo are also visible.

City model and infantry were both very cool.

Sounds like a powerful civ geared towards a culture game. I like it! Really excited to play a game as them.

The most logical assumption is to control the holy city of the most dominant religion of the world. Otherwise kongos only way to found a religion is through Stonehenge.

UA: M'kisi (?). extra food, gold and production from each relic, artifact and great work of sculpture. Great Merchant and Great Artist points every turn.
UU: Ngao Mbeba. Requires no iron. No penalty for movement and sight in forests and rainforests. Bonus defense against ranged.
UI: Mbanza district. Replaces the neighborhood. Available earlier and gives housing, food and gold.
ULA: can't build holy sites. gains the founder believes for the dominant religion in his empire. Free apostle for every mbanza or theatre district, apostle's religion depends on the city.

I really like this Civ. Interesting design and i like growth civs.

I wonder where all the faith comes from without holy sites. How could they win a religion victory, maybe capture someone elses holy city? I like that they have one less district to build!

Top Bottom