First Look: Spain

kaspergm

Deity
It's here.

"Treassure fleets" (UA). Can form fleets earlier. Extra yield from trade routes between continents.
"El Escorial" (Phillip II UA). Units get combat bonus (swordsman gets +4, might be era dependent) against players of another religion. Inquisitors remove religion an extra time.
Conquistador (UU): Combat bonus (+10) when tiled with religious unit. Converts cities upon capture if conquistador is adjacent.
Mission (UI): Provides faith. Bonus faith when on different continent and bonus science when next to campus.

Lol that is some serious religion focused powerhouse :D

Is it me or it seemed like a neverending string of bonuses for Spain?

"Treassure fleets" (UA). Can form fleets earlier. Extra yield from trade routes between continents.
"El Escoreal" (Phillip II UA). Units get combat bonus against players of another religion. Inquisitors remove religion an extra time.
Conquistador (UU): Bonus when tiled with religious unit. Converts cities upon capture if conquistador is adjacent.
Mission (UI): Provides faith. Bonus faith when on different continent and bonus science when next to campus.

Fleets? Does that imply there is no 1-unit per tile for naval units? Interesting.

Details please! Can only watch without sound...really liked how flamboyant and animated Phillip's leader head is.

i think this is the first time we hear from fleets, no? Are they unlocked earlier than corps?

Edit: and again, another naval bonus. They really want it to be important for some reason.

Leader Phillip II: combat bonus against units following other religion and inquisitors can remove heresy one extra time
Spain UA Treasure Fleet,trade route give more yeld if between continent and can form fleet earlier than others civs,
UB:Mission: bonus faith on foreign continent, bonus science if adjacent to campus
UU: conquisatdor, bonus combat if on the same tile of a missionary, inquisitor, or apostle and convert captured cities to your religion

Very cool! I have no controversies or problems with this civ.

I love how much deeper and more interesting civ6 civs are when compared with civ5. Civ5 Spain had what, bonus to lucky discovery of wonders and two very mediocre units. This one has bonuses to intercontinental trade, religious warfare, religious conversion and inquisition, missions and adjacency boosts, fleet merging...

There are also many interesting details in this video.

Fleets? Does that imply there is no 1-unit per tile for naval units? Interesting.

No. Fleets and Corps are the same thing

It's a new mechanic they have barely talked about in detail, you can combine units together to form corps and armies and this applies to naval units too.

As you saw, the video showed the two ships combine into each other.

I believe that the combined units are stronger single unit but weaker if you had 3 of those (so 1 fleet is weaker than 2 ships, but stronger than a single ship)

Very cool! I have no controversies or problems with this civ.

I love how much deeper and more interesting civ6 civs are when compared with civ5. Civ5 Spain had what, bonus to lucky discovery of wonders and two very mediocre units. This one has bonuses to intercontinental trade, religious warfare, religious conversion and inquisition, missions and adjacency boosts, fleet merging...

There are also many interesting details in this video.

Agreed, I hope Phillip is just as zealous as Civ 4's Isabella :mischief:

I must've missed that you could also combine land units. Thought it was just unit + support unit. Shame on me :)

Anyway... ARMADA!!

Top Bottom