1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

First multiplayer-compatible mod released

Discussion in 'CivBE - Multiplayer' started by Gort, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Gort

Gort Chieftain

The first multiplayer and achievement-compatible mod has been released - basically you just have to copy a folder into your assets/DLC folder and you're golden. I've started bugging the guy on how he did it.

The mod includes some real no-brainer improvements, like cities actually telling you what they just produced and a red outline for miasma tiles. The changelog is below:

New for version 2:

2. Tavric

Tavric Chieftain

May his name be praised for all eternity. There is hope of using other mods in multi then;]

3. Gwydion62

Gwydion62 Chieftain

Hope we will be able to make MOD's useable for MP too...
    :)

4. FlashXAron

FlashXAron Chieftain

As my brother (Gwydion62 :) and I have now tested the mod could be EDITED and still working in MP

We have included some changes (limited World Wonders per City 2, only 1 Trade route, stronger Aliens more HP, and so on )

Will start now a MP together with this MOD and our editing !

THANK YOU for the TIP

5. David12596

David12596 Chieftain

Does this mean other mods can also be used online or does it only work if you change some of the files and what not in this mod?

6. Gwydion62

Gwydion62 Chieftain

It can be used online by copying the folder "Core" into the DLC folder... ;-)

7. David12596

David12596 Chieftain

Well all I got from looking at the mod from my very limited modding experience, aka none, is that in order for a mod to work online it has to have a CIVBEPKG file. Though when I look at the files, I can't see a easy pattern to follow.

This mod works online, but this is not the one I want to work online. lol

8. Gort

Gort Chieftain

You can make other mods work by modifying the Exoplanets DLC to tell it to load their code. I have a multiplayer-capable modpack with the weaker trade, empowered wonders and enhanced UI mods working in it. You can also get singleplayer achievements with it.

9. Tavric

Tavric Chieftain

Tell me how to do this. Please. I need mods in multi!!!!!!111!!!111

10. David12596

David12596 Chieftain

And how could that be done? Anything I tried does not seem to work.

11. Gort

Gort Chieftain

1. Stick the XML files from the mod inside Civilization Beyond Earth/assets/DLC/DLC_SP_Maps

2. Open the DLC_SP_Maps.civbepkg file with notepad and add some lines below the <GameData>CivBEMaps_DLC_SP_Maps.xml</GameData> line. The lines should be tagged with the table the files are modifying, so in my mod you add these lines:

<GameData>Flavors.xml</GameData>
    <GameData>Perks.xml</GameData>
    <GameData>Text.xml</GameData>
    <GameData>Wonders.xml</GameData>
    <GameData>Buildings.xml</GameData>
    <GameData>Trade_Defines.xml</GameData>

3. Save it and that's it. Load the game without any mods and you'll be playing the modded version automatically. Any multiplayer opponents need the pack too.

My MP modpack with weaker trade, empowered wonders and the enhanced UI is here if you want an example of it working.

12. David12596

David12596 Chieftain

Oh thanks! Ill try this out when I get the time.

13. Tavric

Tavric Chieftain

I confirm. It works. Many thanks. By accident I put whole folder with colorful techweb mod into DLC_SP_Maps and it works too....I tried to do same with BeBa but no success. No idea why Colorful TechWeb work and BeBa doesn't. Can someone answer me this?:D

14. B166ER

B166ER Chieftain

thank you, can i get a list of improved stuff you did?? if is not much of a problem

15. Empedocles

Empedocles Chieftain

So, is this impossible if you didn't pre-order the game? I just looked, and I have no assets/DLC folder with files to modify. Do you have any idea how to create a DLC folder from scratch?

16. Gort

Gort Chieftain

The dude who did the improved UI mod has instructions that allow you to run his mod without having a DLC folder, maybe start your investigation there. Seems a bunch of Germans worked out the basics.

Look up the improved UI mod, empowered wonders mod and weaker trade mods, those are the ones included in my pack.

17. Gwydion62

Gwydion62 Chieftain

Great job done!
    It works for XML files proper :D

But how to transfer lua files? Example is the clock...
    I added the xml into the gamedata list and put the lua file into the map order and the xml into the DLC_SP_Maps
    No watch so far ;)

Any idea how to make aliens attack cities?