First nail in September job numbers coffin just got hammered in!

Let's say you've got a factory that makes dung-flavored soda.

You can change the CEO and the board of directors as much as you want, but you've still got a factory that produces dung soda nobody wants. The government is like that-no matter who is in charge, it's producing things nobody wants to buy on the free market and using up resources that would be used better elsewhere.

Except the government isn't a private company organized to sell inexpensive consumables solely for the profit of its shareholders. In fact the government doesn't "sell" anything and thinking of the relationship between citizen and government as buyer and seller leads to a whole host of wayward thinking about how the government should be run.

Yeah, 4 more years of this and we might just slip into potential superpower status! :eek:

I disagree, I believe that If Obama wins the United States will start to decline instead of losing its superpower statues so instead of in 10 years china becomes the biggest economic force on earth it would be in 5 years.

I disagree, I believe that If Obama wins the United States will start to decline instead of losing its superpower statues so instead of in 10 years china becomes the biggest economic force on earth it would be in 5 years.

Prove it.

Also why are you ignoring this post

As a long-time lurker of I hereby gladly disprove and maybe even derail post of Original Poster, whose political convictions I don't share.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...mpanies-added-158-000-workers-in-october.html

Prove it.

Also why are you ignoring this post

One, how can I, I don't have a time machine, it's only a guess, I could be wrong but after what I saw in the past 4 years I don't think it's going to get any better.

And two, if you call that improvement then I laugh at you sir :) the problem is you have one paper that says its going up and the other that says its going down, all we know is its been 4 years of this .

:O WHAT!!! your kidding.... The CEO and the Board have the power to bring the whole multi-billion dollar corporations to its knees.
You said if they put one moron in charge, not replace the entire Board and all higher-ups.

Government is a buisness it takes in money from taxa and uses it to provided serves for the country. When dealing with massive numbers you should never have anyone who does have experience like Obama

Well Obama has 4 years of being President of the United States on his resume. Romney doesn't. Kind of qualifies him for the job a little more, since he's done it before.

Well Obama has 4 years of being President of the United States on his resume. Romney doesn't. Kind of qualifies him for the job a little more, since he's done it before.

Before the presidency what qualifications did Obama had? And then compare it to Governor Romney with dealings and understanding of massive multi-billion dollar corporations and HOW BUSINESS WORK AND GROW.

Obama would of never been elected any where else because he has no Experience on how corporations and business grow.

A business does not equal the government.

The point you make with regard to having no experience is plenty valid though.

A business does not equal the government.

The point you make with regard to having no experience is plenty valid though.

Government is a business, it takes in Tax's and deals with billions of dollars while providing serves back to the public.

Government is a business, it takes in Tax's and deals with billions of dollars while providing serves back to the public.
That does not make it a business. I'm sure you'll find similarities and I'm sure skills learned in businesses can be useful in some disciplines of government, but there are at least just as many, and probably a whole lot more differences. Enough differences to falsify the claim that government is a business. The most important being the reason why they exist and what their objectives are.

That does not make it a business. I'm sure you'll find similarities and I'm sure skills learned in businesses can be useful in some disciplines of government, but there are at least just as many, and probably a whole lot more differences. Enough differences to falsify the claim that government is a business. The most important being the reason why they exist and what their objectives are.

Good points but I was more focus on if you looking to lowering unemployment and increasing business wealth and therefor the governments wealth you would properly wont to elect someone who had experience in business and building muti-billion dollar company's.

Good points but I was more focus on if you looking to lowering unemployment and increasing business wealth and therefor the governments wealth you would properly wont to elect someone who had experience in business and building muti-billion dollar company's.
There's 2 problems with this.

When you elect someone who has had experience in business and building muti-billion dollar company's he might treat government, which really is not a business, as a business. I would think Romney's experience in governing, which isn't that shabby as I recall, is much more relevant than his business acumen. A company is easier to manage, and has far less outside influences beyond one's control than the economy.

Second and more importantly, Romney will not be as important as president in the handling of the economy, as a multi billion dollar company CEO has in the direction of his company. Especially considering we're talking about a global economy. In that sort of theater diplomacy for instance plays a very important role. And dealing with world leaders takes a different mindset than handling suppliers or business related relations.

Before the presidency what qualifications did Obama had? And then compare it to Governor Romney with dealings and understanding of massive multi-billion dollar corporations and HOW BUSINESS WORK AND GROW.

Obama would of never been elected any where else because he has no Experience on how corporations and business grow.

So you want the government to grow, like it would if it were CEO Obama's business? :confused:

The government, the president, doesn't run the economy. If that's what you think should happen, then you're endorsing GOSPlan, and I could not be more pleased. :)

Done it poorly... do we keep him on just because he has 4 years of mediocre performance, or give another chap with some kind of very similar experience (governor) and tons of related (CEO) experience a shot?

My point only being, having been seated for the past 4 years does not mean you automatically granted the next 4 because your opponent doesn't have the exact same experience.

Done it poorly... do we keep him on just because he has 4 years of mediocre performance, or give another chap with some kind of very similar experience (governor) and tons of related (CEO) experience a shot?

My point only being, having been seated for the past 4 years does not mean you automatically granted the next 4 because your opponent doesn't have the exact same experience.

I didn't mean to suggest that it does. Otherwise we would just elect people for one 8 year term (though I do like the idea of single-term limits, but this is not the thread for that). What I meant was, he is being painted as someone unqualified for the job...based on his 2008 credentials. But it's 2012 now, and compared to Romney, he alone has 4 years of experience at the job already. I don't think Romney's experience as a CEO compares to that. Running a company isn't like running a country, in many ways, neither is running a state. I know you love to rag on Carter: remember that he was also an entrepreneur and governor of a state. Anyway, I think it stands to reason that if Obama gets another four years, he will do a better job in his office than he did for the first four years, simply by virtue of experience: knowing how things and people around the office of the president work, what's expected of him, how to deal with foreign countries and international situations, et cetera.

I didn't mean to suggest that it does. Otherwise we would just elect people for one 8 year term (though I do like the idea of single-term limits, but this is not the thread for that). What I meant was, he is being painted as someone unqualified for the job...based on his 2008 credentials. But it's 2012 now, and compared to Romney, he alone has 4 years of experience at the job already. I don't think Romney's experience as a CEO compares to that. Running a company isn't like running a country, in many ways, neither is running a state. I know you love to rag on Carter: remember that he was also an entrepreneur and governor of a state. Anyway, I think it stands to reason that if Obama gets another four years, he will do a better job in his office than he did for the first four years, simply by virtue of experience: knowing how things and people around the office of the president work, what's expected of him, how to deal with foreign countries and international situations, et cetera.
I agree that Obama would probably do better in a 2nd term than he did in a first... I just don't think, all issues taken together, that the potential is up to par for that office.

There have been tons of governors who ended up doing well as Pres... Clinton is a prime example, so to bring out Carter (Or Bush Jr) and say Governor does not equal success, well, that's true.
However, honestly, and I'm not voting for Romney on principle... The man has been successful at everything he's ever done, so I think he'd at least do ok as President. It'll just suck for me (pay and benefit cut) at a minimum.

You can stick a fork in this election.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/eco...re-jobs-expected-jobless-rate-edges-1C6828418

Hiring sped up in October, showing a labor market that picked up a bit of steam in the waning days of the presidential campaign.

The Labor Department reported Friday that non-farm payrolls increased by 171,000 last month versus expectations of a 125,000 rise. The government also said 84,000 more jobs were created in August and September than initially estimated.

Top Bottom