1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

First Peoples of North America - *Updated with Sioux and Iroquois* 10 Civs!"

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by Wyz_sub10, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

Are you using Civ IV version 1.61? If so, you need to wait until I can patch it - just have not had the time lately.

2. goodyhut

goodyhut Chieftain

yup I am using 1.61. Let me know when it is patched and I will download it again. I am looking forward to trying it out.

3. Wyz_sub10

4. yellowhorse

yellowhorse Chieftain

really that is great Wyz sub 10, i really like this mod, it is just great. :goodjob: I've been waiting for it for awhile now and it's out, downloading as i type. Again this an awesome mod and i love it!

5. The Swede

The Swede Viking

Great!

Downloading.....

6. elderotter

elderotter Otter King

I just started using your First Peoples and wanted to Congratulate you on a work not just well done but excellently - I love it. Hmmm how about a South america edition? lol.

7. goodyhut

goodyhut Chieftain

Thanks for updating it! I played it some last night and you did a geat job. There are a few things that need to be added artwork wise but it looks great overall. Any chance you will add animated leaderheads?

8. Wyz_sub10

The Iroquois are in CIV Gold with animated leaderheads, and the Sioux will be added to CIV Gold 2.0 with animate LHs. The rest of the civs will hopefully be in 3.0.

I could (and should) take the animated LHs from CIV Gold and move them here. In fact, I'll do that when 2.0 is finished.

9. yellowhorse

yellowhorse Chieftain

Hey Wyz sub10 could you add the ethnically diverse units to this mod. it would be great if you could.

10. goodyhut

goodyhut Chieftain

:goodjob: awesome! I love playing the CivMore mod and all of CivGold is in that. Do you plan on adding all of these civs to CivGold?

Also, what are your thoughts on adding the Cherokee as a Civ?

11. elderotter

elderotter Otter King

I tried the suggestion for making it so that only the first people civ's get chosen,
    but the xml file you mentioned won't open...the leaderhead one does. Is there something I can do to get that file to open? Thanks. There are a few maps I would like to use - like South America that I can't seem to access with the custom game.

12. Wyz_sub10

If you want a First People's only game, the best way is, of course, setting it up as a custom game.

If you want to use 'random' but still want to restrict the choices to FP civs, open CivInfoCivilizations.xml (mods\First Peoples\Assets\XML\Civilizations) and find the flag for AI Playable - set this to '0'.

13. Wyz_sub10

Thanks! :)

Yes, I'd like to add all of these to CivGold, but for version 2.0 I think we'll only see Sioux added. There are quite a few civs to add and I don't want to monopolize it with my stuff.

The Cherokee are included in the Aniyonega civilization. I know a lot of people aren't keen on the way they are grouped together, but I thought it was the best way to get most of the cultures included. I considered renaming each civs to correspond to the biggest group (i.e. Chinook, Cherokee, Navajo) but in the end decided to keep it this way.

Cherokee not only have a leader for the Anoyonega, but they have the UU as well (Ayastigi).

14. elderotter

elderotter Otter King

thank you - I cant seem to open the final file in your list. I'll just do the custom game way. Great job btw.

15. Cannae

Cannae Philosophy of Poverty

:goodjob: Wyz sub10 this is a relly good mod i fact this is my favriote one that has come out so far good work:thanx:

16. Cannae

Cannae Philosophy of Poverty

Wyz sub10 will you alow me to use this mod for my Indigenous America mod???

17. Wyz_sub10

Of course. If you could just credit me, that'd be great. :)

I may update this mod with a few things - racial units, a new UU skin, etc., over the next week or so. I'll let you know as it happens.

18. drew61267

drew61267 Chieftain

Download the updated file. I am real inexperienced in moding, I noticed someone else had a problem with the flags being white. I didnt follow exactly what to do to get them to show the right symbols. Can anyone explain it so that I can understand how to fix it?

Thanks

19. Wyz_sub10

It has to do with the alpha channels and how they are displayed. I can't get to it right now, but give me a day or so and I'll upload a fix.

20. drew61267

drew61267 Chieftain

Thank you very much, I appreciate it. Other than the white flags I have had no other problems with it. It is definately a professionaly done mod. Keep up the good work.