First Regent Game

Verarde

Pondering Wearing A Hat
Tips? Advice? My last game was with Japan, I think I will use them again. Played a Standard game, won in 1902 AD with Domination (66% area, 75% population) and a new high score of 2013.

For me, the only real difference between Warlord and Regent is the 1 fewer Content person you have at the beginning. As long as you remember that, it's basically the same, as the AI doesn't seem to improve much, although the tech pace does start actually moving without you now. Vmxa has/had a Regent tutorial/walkthrough in his sig (don't know if it's still there) which, although from the perspective of someone who can curbstomp Regent without much thought, is something to look at.

Edit: Here it is, if you're interested:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=296512

Might I suggest China instead of Japan, Industrious goes a lot farther than Religious, and you should only change Governments once. If you haven't tried to conquer the world with Republic, I suggest you try it. Riders are way better then Samurai, although on higher levels that's debatable.

Back in the day when I could play at regent I learned best with France. the Industrious and Commercial traits give you a leg up against corruption and in general 'git her done-ness :lol"

Their UU is solid if not overly remarkable.

I still go with Joanie when I feel daring enough to try regent.

Back in the day when I could play at regent I learned best with France. the Industrious and Commercial traits give you a leg up against corruption and in general 'git her done-ness :lol"

Their UU is solid if not overly remarkable.

I still go with Joanie when I feel daring enough to try regent.

Yay! Another Francophile! I too love France. If only she didn't look so ghastly in the modern age.

Yay! Another Francophile! I too love France. If only she didn't look so ghastly in the modern age.

She looks like a freak in the modern ages. Bald head? On a girl? :vomit:

I used to always play Rome on chieftain when I was younger. With elimination. What was I thinking? Now I've made my younger brother always play Greece, chieftain, elimination. I'm trying to make him play a little harder difficulty (namely no elimination).

Otherwise, thanks for the tips guys. It looks like a tossup between Japan, China, and France, although France is a distant 3rd. I will have to compare the Rider and the Samurai, and also the civ traits. Depending on the type of victory condition I want, that is how I usually select my civ. For example, this warlord game I just beat, I wanted to go for Domination and/or conquest. Is China Mil and Ind? If so, depending on the UU specs, I think I will try China out next game.

I always refer to that modern LH as the "Joanie's got AIDS" time. I wish our modders would redo Joanie for us. (hint, hint)

:mischief:

We have a Napoleon head. I think he is more deserving of it then she is.

We have a Napoleon head. I think he is more deserving of it then she is.

I used the Nappy LH for a good bit but I gave up most of my modded heads after my game died on me and I had to re-install.

I am really tempted to put them all back in but I would still like a 'nice' Joanie.

Top Bottom