First review of Civilization VI on Nintendo Switch

Ok, so not much negatives given here. Some problems docked. Seems that the resolution might be bit too high or something.

But he seems to enjoy portable, and that is what matters most for me. :)
Sadly didnt mention anything about the audio quality.

I think I will only play this game docked, though. I don't see myself playing it handheld.

I think I will only play this game docked, though. I don't see myself playing it handheld.
They will probably patch this game when the expansions come out to up the performance docked. Has there been patches on iPad version?

Its probably not too bad either. Depends from what you have used to of course.

My PC has never been state of the art, so my PC experiences have been pretty limited also, compared what they could have been at least. For me a turn based game can have some hiccups, I missclick things anyways. :)
I just hope the menus are arranged well enough.

Got myself an extra grip for the Switch to enjoy handheld more. That thing isn't the best device to hold for long gaming sessions. I just want to experience modern main line Civilization game while sitting relaxed on a recliner chair.
:D

A shame we can't play together online on Switch, fantsu. I'd have loved to play against you.

I expect 2K and Aspyr to offer R & F not too far down the line. That expansion pack really does wonders to Civ 6.

A shame we can't play together online on Switch, fantsu. I'd have loved to play against you.

I expect 2K and Aspyr to offer R & F not too far down the line. That expansion pack really does wonders to Civ 6.

I want the game so bad, but going to try to hold out until R&F. It's be too tough to go back to playing vanilla after R&F.

Got my copy. I can post some insights here later, when I'm few hours in.

There is a day 1 patch, sized 343mb released. I dont know the patch notes.
It changes the icon of the game at least from giant "VI" to the official cover picture. :)

Last edited:
I bought the ipad version about 11 months ago and they still haven't released Rise and Fall for it. I won't be making the assumption that Firaxis and Aspyr will patch and release DLC for the Switch as I did before. I've learned my lesson, I'll pass on the Switch version until I see R&F.

I bought the ipad version about 11 months ago and they still haven't released Rise and Fall for it. I won't be making the assumption that Firaxis and Aspyr will patch and release DLC for the Switch as I did before. I've learned my lesson, I'll pass on the Switch version until I see R&F.

Well, they did release DLC for Civilization Revolution on PS3 and Xbox 360.

I would be greatly surprised if they did not release R&F on the Switch.

Anybody know if Indonesia and Khmer made it the Switch release? I did not see anything stating that they were in any notes.

I would be greatly surprised if they did not release R&F on the Switch.

Anybody know if Indonesia and Khmer made it the Switch release? I did not see anything stating that they were in any notes.

They are not in the game yet.

Another $5 for Nubia? So $14 for civs that should have been included. But at least we got that Viking scenario pack nobody wants included in the $60.00 price.

Having second thoughts about double-dipping now.

unless you just DESPERATELY want to play it 'on the go' i don't see a reason to buy it again for $60. my laptop wont run it well enough and i don't have an ipad, so i'm beyond pumped to have this on the switch.

since the day i got my switch any time a "whats yer dream switch game?" question came up, civ 6 was always my answer. i've been more pumped for this than any other release this year. i got red dead 2 on release date and i'm not through the story yet. i've got very little urge to play it at the moment cause...I'VE FINALLY GOT CIV 6.

Another $5 for Nubia? So $14 for civs that should have been included. But at least we got that Viking scenario pack nobody wants included in the $60.00 price.

Having second thoughts about double-dipping now.

I am not sure of your local dealers, but it was 45€ to me, physical. A great deal, if you have Switch already of course.

$60 here in the states.

While I'm thankful at least Macdeon, Persia, Australia, and the Poland made the cut and can understand holding back R&F to charge for DLC, it's a shame Indonesia, Khmer, and Nubia were not included.

Looking at the Nubia and Indonesia/Khmer DLC as a glass half full, it seems to bode well for the possibility of future content, including expansions such as Rise and Fall. In fact, 2K may be offering those two bits of DLC from Day One to gauge Switch version owners' interest in additional paid content. So my personal, humble advice would be to vote with your wallet, especially if you want to see them continue to support this version beyond launch.

$60 here in the states.

While I'm thankful at least Macdeon, Persia, Australia, and the Poland made the cut and can understand holding back R&F to charge for DLC, it's a shame Indonesia, Khmer, and Nubia were not included.

I think you are allowed to be dissappointed if they cut your favorite leaders, but there is plenty of them in for those not familiar with R&F. Going to take some time to really getting to know them all. :)
I even turned the included dlc off, I like to get to know the game faster. :D

the eShop version of the game is selling for 475 NOK here in norway, while the two dlcs are another 125 NOK. 600 NOK is the normal price for new console games (or 599, really). That is also the price for civ 6 base game on steam at the moment. So the switch eShop price isn't all bad, not here at least.

still a shame that switch don't allow mods in this game.

Well. I bought the Nubia and Indonesia+Kmer pack. It cost me an additional $20 CAD. But, I’m all in on this. I want Aspyr and Firaxis to give us R&F !

Top Bottom