1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] First Rise and Fall livestream on Dec 13th

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, Dec 11, 2017.

1. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Nope, as we can see Qin in-game, and it's still the same one.

Besides, they have no reason to change the current leaders icons.

2. AvianBritish

AvianBritish Chieftain

nzcamel, Zaarin and marius_kaparius like this.
  3. Hakan-i Cihan

Hakan-i Cihan Chieftain

For now we can say that at least you and I are partially correct. From the screen below we can see that loyalty is improved by increasing amenities.
    loyalty.PNG

KyivanRusCivPlease likes this.
  4. bbbt

bbbt Warlord

Actually it really might - it's in natural history (with other cultural victory related items) and it might be their way of allowing water tiles to be utilized for a cultural victory (which they can't at all now)

nzcamel, Zaarin and AvianBritish like this.
  5. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Warlord

Hopefully for Tourism mostly, though I can see Amenities as well, which would tie into loyalty.
    It's a Khan. :p
    Don't kill the hype train. :nono:

6. ripple01

ripple01 Chieftain

Perhaps the Chateau Frontenac appearing on the poster is a teaser for a Canada DLC after the release of Rise and Fall...

I don't know tons about Canadian history. Is there anything that would line up well with the features revealed so far?

7. darkace77450

darkace77450 Chieftain

It could be to free up space, make coastal cities a little more enticing, or double up on amenities to facilitate more war and/or keep large population cities happier. Once we get a peak at the adjacency bonus, yields, buildings, and district projects we'll know for sure.

That's a possibility.

I would like to see the Aerodrome given more non-military utility, so hopefully it is a hotel that boosts tourism for the Aerodrome, even if that means a tech district being codependent on a civic unlock.

8. Duckfromstatefarm

Duckfromstatefarm Chieftain

I noticed the colors they definitely do not look like they belong to any other civ in the game currently and the flame icon so yes it does look like the mongols are coming.

nzcamel likes this.
  9. darkace77450

darkace77450 Chieftain

Hopefully they'll have a UA that plays off loyalty in some way.

10. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Chieftain

Seems like they moved the Casus Belli around. Defensive Tactics have two Casus Belli (Protectorate and Reconquest), which mean you will have some options for war earlier.

Edit: The other Casus Belli seems to be in the same Civics as before but there's a new one on Ideology.

nzcamel likes this.
  11. OTiger

OTiger Chieftain

This was said in this forum earlier, Lester B. Pearson (Who was Prime Minister from 1963 to 1968), helped to create the United Nations Emergency Force in 1956 to help end the Suez Crisis. So, Canada could fit with the Emergencies feature due to that, assuming they choose Pearson.

Although having a wonder doesn't mean that they'll get in, as seen with Kilwa Kisiwani. (Zanzibar is still a City-State)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    TheMarshmallowBear likes this.
  12. marius_kaparius

marius_kaparius Chieftain

They stated that existing Civs will have their abilities changed based on new mechanics. I noticed that once you reach the second tier of governments you can get an Intelligence Agency which grants a spy and makes the spy more effective. Although this means that Catherine can now get two spies double promoted I wonder if it does not also nullify the advantage of an earlier spy. We might see a respec for her.

13. empresskiova

empresskiova Chieftain

It might be doubly good for Cathy, since her extra spy is also given to her for free, it means she can use one defensively with Quartermaster and use the other offensively. Or simply use both offensively. :)

14. Amrunril

Amrunril Warlord

Overall, the new systems look very promising. There's definitely some need for balance adjustments before release though. Egypt having low enough loyalty to lose its city in about five turns but then high enough loyalty to flip it back in another five was really bizarre.

15. Guatenadian

Guatenadian Chieftain

I'll admit that I'm to some degree disappointed that the good ole Chateau will more likely than not be making it into the game, especially since that is an oddly specific building to put on the cover. There is still a chance the Chateau could make it into the game as part of a Canada DLC in the future, but maybe it was after all just a red herring.

Je t'aime mon Chateau.
    upload_2017-12-13_19-38-54.png

Attached Files:

WorldWarIV, conorbebe and Kheznik like this.
  16. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

They were playing on Online speed. If you play on Epic or Marathon like me, it all felt like everything was too fast; it will probably feel more natural when playing on a more reasonable speed.

Speaking of quick, I felt like Anton did a better job with the stream than Ed usually does. In the past I've always walked away from the stream wondering how they accomplished so little in so much time; Anton seems much more focused.

nzcamel and Siptah like this.
  17. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

It's unfortunate that the AI started to dogpile him. I could have done without seeing the Hwacha in combat and I think the battles took away from the possibility of seeing more tooltips or answering more questions.

Zaarin likes this.
  18. Amrunril

Amrunril Warlord

The quick speed probably exacerbated things, but to me, it seems odd even if you increase the turn numbers. If the city is loyal enough to Egypt that it will return, it shouldn't defect in the first place, and if its disloyal enough that it will defect again, it shouldn't return. That's not to say back and forth changes shouldn't happen if the underlying conditions change substantially, but the video gave the impression that it was happening more or less automatically.

Zaarin likes this.
  19. Leathaface

Leathaface Warlord

Enjoyed the stream, looking forward to the Netherlands stream next week. They said they'd be revealing new features.

20. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Warlord

To me it looks heavily inspired by the classic image of Kublai Khan:

Zaarin, Kheznik and conorbebe like this.