First Scenario

Sovin nai

Prince
Scenario: Episode 1 Scenario: Naboo.
Map: Large, Planetwide.
The design of the map is split into 2 part of the map, divided by an edge in the middle horizontally symbolizing the transition from the land and space.
The terrain on the bottom part, the land, is mainly Grassland and Forests. There are smaller and larger swamps around the map, preferably near the corner(s), and several cities, with “city” terrain around them. The city terrain will have extra commerce, less than average food, and medium production. There will be some hills, but very few mountains.
The top part of the map will have the space terrain. In space there will be barely anything, but a few rocks and other small things orbiting in space to give some variety. Some of those will block the way for spacecraft.

General Information; Resources, Animals, and Cities:
We will not necessarily have a lot of resources, but smaller places such as minerals, nerfs and banthas, and plants resources will work. Animal herds such as the beasts that the Gungans use can be barbarian animals, with pretty good defense depending on the animal (extra defense in grasslands, and low movement, because they are grazing). The Gungans can produce a ‘hunter’ unit, who can capture these animals, who when brought to a city can be upgraded to certain units, depending on the beast. Some beasts are:
Spoiler :
Aiwha (flying beasts, when captured can be upgraded to ‘Aihwa Scout,’ or ‘Aihwa Rider’ (bomber type unit, can’t go into space))
Beck-tori (predators living in swamps, can’t be captured)
Colo claw fish (same as Beck-tori)
Falumpaset (medium strength land beasts, can be captured and upgraded to ‘Gungan War Wagon.’
Fambaa (huge beast, can be upgraded when captured to ‘Fambaa Shield Generator,’ ‘Fambaa Artillery,’ or ‘Fambaa Troop Carrier.’
Gooberfish (Swamp predators, can’t be captured
Kaadu (medium strength land beast, can be upgraded to ‘Kaadu Rider,’ or sacrificed to build ‘Kaadu Patrols’ in a city, as a police station)
Narglatch (land predator, can’t be captured)
Opee sea killer (Sea predator, can’t be captured)
Sando aqua monster (huge swamp and sea predator, can’t be captured)
Titavian (Huge air beast, not able to attack, but not capturable)
Veermok (predator, not capturable)
Zalaaca (high strength, capturable and can be upgraded to ‘Zalaaca Rider’)

The Trade Federation will have some space stations, and capital ships, as cities. They will have no buildings in them, and can’t build more. Each one will only be able to build a certain type of unit. For example, they will have a few cities which have access to droids, MTTs, and other droid units. Only the capital (The droid control center) will have access to Droideka's and fighters.
Theed will be placed near the edge of the map. It will have access to a small variety of starfighters. There will also be several other Naboo cities nearby. All of the Naboo cities will have ‘city’ terrain.
In the upper corner of the map, there will be a planet which is controlled by The Republic. This planet will include several other civs, all non-playable, who all have power in the senate. (note: The Republic is non-playable, and only gives trade routes, and has some sort of negotiating power, like the UN, but more powerful, which works with the civs on the planet, and Naboo and the Trade Federation)
There will be several Gungan cities in the swamps, which will be able to produce Gungan units, and hunters. They will also be able to upgrade captured animals to better units.
Scenario Objectives and Special Events:
The player can play as the Gungans, or the Trade Federation. The Naboo will be a non-playable civilization. If the player is the Gungans, their objective is to stop the Trade Federation from conquering Naboo, and then driving them off the planet. The Trade Federation’s objective is to capture Theed, and the other cities, and destroy the Gungans.
In Theed itself, there will be extra surrounding city terrain, more than the others have, and a special resource, or improvement called the ‘hangar.’ When the Gungans capture it, they get a lot of fighters and can try to take the Droid Control Station.
The Droid Control Station will have surrounding turrets (immobile units, with ranged bombardment) in space and fighters available for self-defense (short range, based off the main stations). The Space Station itself will also be a base, available to build fighters, and possibly transports, or other medium sized units.
When the Trade Federation takes Theed, the Gungans will receive a Grand Army, and can try to move towards the city. The Army will arrive in a swamp area where they have to pass by a certain spot to get to the city, and when they do, the Trade Federation will receive an event, saying that the Gungans are arriving, and will receive several units in a blocking position.

This is not intended to be the exact design of it, but only a basic idea. If anyone has any other ideas, please tell me. I am just suggesting stuff, but I have worked for a while on this, and am very proud of my design. Thanks.

Well it definitely sounds feasible. Maybe the 'Land/Space' divide may need some work/discussion. Could be fiddly.
The barbs sound fantastic! Where's Qdin when we need him??
(EDIT: I meant when will you be able to make those beasts ;))

Also, if you could be specific with the map, Arminius may be able to start work on it.

Hey Niknaks - this design was a teamwork ;) I've already made my first suggestions, and I really love the way he entered the new ideas.

I'm not sure about the capturing of the animals, though.. Maybe 'granting' 1-5 of the captured animals, and if 10 is going to the same city they can 'melt' to become a building: a InsertAnimalNameHere Farm, which will grant 1 new of these units each 5th turn per Auto :D maybe an investment? Maybe not if it's urgently needed ;)

I don't honestly like all the other animals aren't captureable.. I'm sure we can make something up :D Who cares if it hasn't been in the movies?

That great flying thingy SURE sounds awesome.. for bombarding or as a flying unit :p Gimme a pic of it and I'll see if I can get creative - hehe.

Those other animals such as... Beck-tori sounds pretty obvious to have running too after being tamed...
Veermok? Haha - odd name :lol: Also one we gotta have in some way :D

What about having at least a few of those swamp monsters? The Sando aqua monster sounds awesome :D We might use those Water Monsters in the Swamp-terrain. I'm sure we can limit them to that :) At least as 'patrollings'. Not neccessarily strong ones, but at least as something.

If you ask me, everything sounds good to have in! I'm sure we can make something up for them to be useable in battles! hehehe

Here are pictures for all of them:
Aiwha
It is being ridden by a Kaminoan, but they are native to Kamino, and Naboo. Just replace the Kaminoan for the unit. It could be used for a later scenario, too.
Beck-Tori
It is being attacked by three gungans, and has a submersible going by. Looks kind of scary, but it probably wouldn't have its mouth open all the time, like that one.
Colo Claw Fish
Would it be possible to make it have a full stomach when it eats? That would look really cool.
Falumpaset
If you look in the movie, they are the ones pulling those wagons.
Fambaa
This one has a shield generator. If you take it off, you would have the wild version.
Gooberfish
I can't find a picture for this. I thought it was another predator one, but I think that I was wrong. Maybe a resource?
Kaadu
They are the riding beasts, that the officers ride. They also serve as police officers' mounts.
Narglatch
I dunno, we need some land predators. We don't have to have this one, but I like it, personally.
Opee Sea Killer
For scale, it is the one that wrapped its tongue around the sub that the Jedi rode in in this image.
Sando Aqua Monster
Huge monsters who can eat a Opee Sea Killer whole.
Titavian
They are beasts that the Gungans have to get feathers from as a rite of passage. They are passive, but could kill anyone with ones stroke of the wings.
Veermok
Gorrila like creatures with an immunity/resistance to blaster fire.
Zaalaca
Beasts that Gungans capture ocasionaly. When they do, which is a dangerous feat, they can be trained to be amazing mounts.

We should have a percentage chance of capturing them. Probably a low percentage, at least for some of them, such as the Zalaaca.

A good idea... But we should still consider to make 'farms' if a player has 3 or 4 or 5 of them at the same city... Would bring out a new level of variation ;)

If you ask me, we should start making designs so they won't just have 1 unit for them to use and ride on these beasts... ;)

unfortunately I don't see anything from the front of the Titavian.... But what about sidequests for the player?

Like killing one of those Titavians and a Feather drops. Only 1 feather will drop, and the same way as the 'treasures' works in the Viking Scenario Mod Thingy to Warlords, the player should bring the feather home to the capitol.

I can't wait to see those beasts in game graphically. Good luck Qdin.

What should the units be?
I have several that I have thought of for the Confederacy and some pictures for each:
B-1 Series Battle Droid (The normal one)
P-Series Droideka (rolling droids, shielded, but only when fortified)
OOM Battle Command Droid (Yellow markings, can be upgraded from a B-1 once it gets enough experience)
OOM Security Droid (Red markings on the shoulders, can be upgraded from B-1 like the Command Droid)
Vulture Class Droid Starfighter (Fighter to defend the Control Station. Is it possible to let it change configuration to 'walking mode' with less strenght, but able to go on land?)
Armoured Assualt Tank (AAT, land attack unit)
MTT (Droid Carrier, it could carry something like 120 droids, but that's too much)
STAP (Single Trooper Aeriel Platform, very fast, but unarmoured)
Trade Federation Troop Carrier (Smaller version of the MTT, less armoured, with no weapons, but only slightly smaller capacity, and much faster)
C-9979 Landing Craft (lands troops)

Very nice. Just remember to try to focus on things that will be use for later versions as well.

With the Titavian, we can have it that it withdraws no matter what when attacked, but there is 50% chance that a feather will drop, but a 25% chance that the person attacking will die. Then the feather can be brought back to the capital, and used to do some sort of thing for the Gungans; make a special unit or building or something.

Since the Naboo will be a non-playable civ, they should have less units. Plus, they won't be used much in the end, so it doesn't make sense to go over the top with them. But, they should have at least 3 different land units, and 1 space unit.
The Land units can be:

Palace Guard
Can upgrade from security guard.
Security Officer
Can upgrade from security guard, some sort of advantage to men nearby
Security Guard
Low strength unit, once it gets enough experience it can upgrade to Security officer or Palace Guard
The space unit: N-1 J Naboo Starfighter
Very few of them to start, but if the Gungans liberate the hangar, they get a lot of them.

Okey, I just remembered that I've gotten an old Battledroid model from the old days when a friend of mine made a OOM command Droid... I helped him UV mapping, rigging, texturing, editted the model and all the stuffs he needed help with. So it can easily be reskinned and simply deleting the antenna or whatever needs to be deleted, so we'll end up with regular battledroids.

I'll just cut off some details and such to make sure it keeps a low polycount.

I'd love to create those monsters anyways btw :p do you guys think Civ4 can use RGB Bumpmaps? I know bumpmaps usually are in Greyscale, but it can be pretty easier if the game supports RGB... ;) What? I wanna use my Next-Gen Console Bumpmaps in here :lol: also because it's easier for me :D

So I guess the next would be to create high and low-poly versions of the animals? (yes - we gotta create out own videos too :D) But who will texture it..? I'll do something unusual then...! I won't texture it xP yet :)

I don't know about anything else, but the Battle droid model can be used for all three of the Federation droids. Plus, they can be on the STAP, too.

Okey guys. The first draft of a 'falumpaset' is ready :)

821 faces :p that should do it for this game, right? I don't know if I'm satisfied with it as I haven't gone too much into details as for a game like Civ4 :)

You like it? now if anybody would like to texture it...

That looks really good. If you need a picture of one pulling a battle wagon, here it is:

Like I said, amazing.

Top Bottom