First screenshot from Civ VI!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Brett

King
The user tupisac was kind enough to post an image of the upcoming Civilization VI on the 2k boards:

Since Civ 5 is so successful and allowed so many new people to finally understand and enjoy the game - there are already some screenshots from new Civ 6:

Spoiler :

Update: Here's the latest version. As you can see, the new design has an even more organic and streamlined look than the previous build.

Spoiler :

Thank you tupisac for these great images!

Also, r_rolo1 posted an image of what appears to be the new strategic view:

Spoiler :

CornPlanter showed us an image of the domination victory screen:

Spoiler :

However, Charles Martel showed us another images that shows hexes being used again:
Spoiler :

...The player have the option to choose!? This game must be a wet, sloppy kiss to the community! :)

Here's a screenshot of the new, improved naval combat:
Spoiler :

Wardancing got his hands on an image from the Super Mega Collectors XTREME limited edition:

Spoiler :

Finally, I discovered some brand new concept art as well as some civilopedia entries:

Spoiler :

The much requested Marine makes its comeback!

Strength: 40
Movement: 2
Hammers: 300
Special ability: Old fashion ass kicking
Tech: Tomb Raiding

Civilopedia:

They're ruthless, they're insanely sexy and they're ready to kick some ass. Armed and dangerious - The Marine units are back! They don't fear getting wet, they don't fear getting dirty and they will do whatever you command them to do. No army is complete without the marines.

Concept art for the biggest and baddest and most awesome unit in the game:

Spoiler :

...The Giant Mutant Missile Mech Squid!

Strength: 575
Movement: 10
Hammers: 20,000
Special abilities: Can swim in water, can rollerskate, has great espionage abilities, can dance and sing kareoke
Tech: Steam Power*

*The player must also have bought at least ten games from Steam and completed at least 50 Steam achievements

Civilopedia:

The Giant Mutant Missile Squid is the biggest, baddest, unit in the game. It's armed with missiles, a big freakin' gun, a terminator claw and last but not least, a deadly bad breath. The squid's arms have rollerskates attached, making in it incredibly quick both on land and in water. If the player plays his own mp3's, the Giant Mutant Missile Squid will start to dance and try to sing kareoke. But the most intersting feature may be it's espionage abilities; The Giant Mutant Missile Squid uses his many arms to collect all the data he possibly can come over.

Hahahahaha, "Kill Opponent" :lol:

"Start Golden Age - $9.99" :lol:

"BUY MORE BUY MORE BUY MORE" :thumbsup:

Such exquisite artwork. I want to pre-order right now.

Such exquisite artwork. I want to pre-order right now.

I heard that the pre-order bonus includes a plastic Giant Death Robot transformer and a two-hour documentary on how Jon Shafer prepares his sandwiches.

I'm pre-ordering the deluxe edition :). When's the demo going to come out? And don't tell me it's on release day... :crazyeye:

I thought this was just a joke and you'd simply screenshotted Civ V trying to trick us in to thinking Civ VI would be the same, but after looking some more I did notice some subtle differences (facebook integration)! :D

:lol:

Comedy gold! :lol:

Well played sir. :goodjob:

Tupisak is a genius. I hope he shows up here soon, I don't want to take credit for his brilliant screenshot.

Well, i said in other post that if the devs continue to think that perfection is attained when there is nothing left to be taken away, Civ VI would look like this:
Spoiler :

It looks that you are far more optimistic than me :D

Well, i said in other post that if the devs continue to think that perfection is attained when there is nothing left to be taken away, Civ VI would look like this:
Spoiler :

Wow! That looks really streamlined! Easy to play, hard to master. The concept art looks very promising I'd say. Is it steam compatible?

is this true? has someone confirmed this? why are the devs working on six already when they should be working on patches and massive fixes for five??

Spoiler :
:eekdance:

I think so. And the gameplay is very organic and easy to understand :D

The game also looks very scalable, so that you can play it on your laptop while flying. I'm sure miss Tobey will appreciate this. ;)

Is this thread still up? On 2K forums? I thought it got deleted... :think:

Spoiler :

Nah, I won't be buying such outdated piece of junk. Tiles, not hexes? Give me a break!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom