1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

First Secret Society Invitation is locked in without my choice

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Ovidious, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Ovidious

Ovidious Chieftain

Hey all,

In regards to unlocking Societies, I have been wanting to try out the Sanguine Order/Vampire one. The trouble is that I cannot seem to get it to work. It's not that I don't get an invitation, but because it often comes after I get another invitation - that I cannot accept them.

In most of my games I seem to get the Owls of Minerva first. I do not appoint or accept them, but when other invitations come up and I go to the gov's screen, all I see is the Owls option with no way to pick another one. I've never promoted or appointed the first invite, but I cannot seem to get rid of it or dismiss it either.

It seems like the first few days after SS were implemented that it worked correctly, I could disregard the first or second invitation and go with the third, but now whoever sends theirs first, it's them or no one. I have not switched any mods in or out since it used to work and I hope that maybe I'm overlooking something, but I just cannot get past the first invitation.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

2. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

It's probably just a UI issue, there is tiny scroll bar at the bottom of the Governor's screen you can use to scroll to the right and see the other invitations.

nauberry, Bosque, Tech Osen and 3 others like this.
  3. Ovidious

Ovidious Chieftain

Doh!, as Homer Simpson would say. I never knew that there was a scroll bar for the Governor's screen. Not easy to see on my UI, but I found it now - Thanks a bunch!

tedhebert and Noble Zarkon like this.
  4. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

You're not the first one who didn't notice the scroll bar. It's not easy to see if you don't already know it's there.

5. Deggial

Deggial Emperor

I feel privileged to play on a 4:3 monitor now.
    I am used to this scroll bar since day one. :D

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  6. tzu

tzu Chieftain

Depends also on resolution. If you do not insist on displaying with a peep-box, but eg. at 3840x2160 you face the handicap of not having that scroll bar at all.