1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

First time ever. Qs

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by The Navy Seal, Feb 5, 2007.

1. The Navy Seal

The Navy Seal Emperor

I have a question. Well I'm playing Earth1000AD and this is the first time i've ever had vassles and people capitulated to me. Ok I'll tell you whats happened in my game and how I got my Vassles.

I start as the Jappanese. I immediatly prepare for war with Korea, I have six galleys full of samurai and cats. I decleare war capture two city destroy one and all he has is one city in the Pillipian isles he capitulates to me. I now find Genghis khan hes at war with Qin. I get a army ready to fight Qin. But I deside to take Cambodia before going to war so I have an edge. One turn one of my ships finds Mansa Musa I say hi go into the trade section and I ask him what he wants to become my vassle he says he'll become my Vassle for nothing so I immediatly accept the deal give him some free tech he has +7 me with! So now I have Grenadiers and Genghis makes peace with Qin and Qin begins to move his hevally fortified men out so I decleare war bombard his citys with Frigates drop off with Galleons I have a GG and about eight other men attack one of his citys and I win with only loosing three guys. he bombards my city with his Trebs and pillages the next turn I drop another four guys off and destroy his treb and musketmen near the city I just took from him. Then he sends men near Cambodia and I reinforce my army there and take another one of his citys he now has two citys left after I destroy his army near Cambodia I capitulate him and take one of his citys in the peace treaty he now has one city smashed between india mongolia and me. I'm just wondering if getting vassles this easy is normal I'm playing on prince and aggresive AI. I don't know why Mansa vasslised? My only guess is because i'm the secound strongest civ in the world and he lives near the strongest i'm also the most advanced and he really apreciates me giving him free techs. I also want to know if the Capitulated people came leave my empire I think if they get 50% of empires size they can leave but none are near that size I have maybe fifteen citys and Mansa only has five and Qin and Kong only have one city I was also wondering if I demanded a resouce from one of the people that's caped to me if he can leave because I really want Oil.

2. KMadCandy

KMadCandy giggling permanoob

the rule, from what i've read here (i haven't tried it myself) is...

"This is a minor possibility which can occur, where the Master demands a particular resource and the Vassal refuses the Masters request, in which case the two states are at war. This does happen, but it hasn’t happened to me since I try to eliminate any potential escape route for my new pets. Since the Master can demand any single resource from the Vassal and the Vassal can’t refuse this single / first demand it’s best to choose the resource carefully, i.e. a strategic resource of some sort. Let’s say you’re in the classical or medieval era and need your Vassal’s horse resource so you demand and take. But later on you somehow lose your source of iron and demand it from your Vassal, he can refuse and break the Vassal agreement. So plan ahead when it comes to your resource requests. And by the way there is nothing to stop you from selling the horse back to your Vassal.
    Should a Vassal choose to break the agreement due to the above conditions listed above, the Vassals Master may not agree to peaceably allow the Vassal to become independent, in which case a state of war exists between the two Civs."

you can demand it even if it's his only oil resource i think. but be prepared to war for it if he refuses.

3. The Navy Seal

The Navy Seal Emperor

Ok, I wish one of vassles would get horses.

Thx

4. Tristan daCunha

Tristan daCunha Pacifist Aggressive

For me, one of the annoyances of Warlords is Mansa Musa constantly begging to become my vassal. I think he is coded with some kind of inferiority complex which makes him feel he needs a protector.

5. LucyDuke

LucyDuke staring at the clock

I see this too. He'll pop out of the woodwork in a period of world peace and ask. Ten turns later, the same thing. The most annoying thing is that if you don't take him, he'll keep asking around and somebody else will get him. My rivals don't need free points and war allies and resources! Of course, his territory and population are fine, so he's likely to break free rather easily, but when he does, he's back begging at my doorstep. This probably is coded, because whenever it happens he is substantially stronger than other civs who refuse to even capitulate.

6. Darkus

Darkus Chieftain

those blur circle are the computer telling you where it would be best to make a city
    . .