First Time Playing this Mod

Milae

Prince
Having played a lot of Civ 5 Vox Populi I thought I'd come and give some of the popular Civ 4 mods a try. Went for the 3000BC start as Egypt.

No idea what I'm doing but I had fun anyways so I'll definitely play on but is there anything I really need to know? Seems like there is some story to it so try to avoid direct spoilers I guess.

Here is me playing:

Hey, thank you for trying the mod, I hope you enjoy it. I will hold off on comments on how to play "correctly", except to say that it's totally okay and expected not to achieve historical victory goals on the first try.

I don't know if I can manage to watch the let's play, so if you have any feedback to share, please let me know.

Watched the video, decent job so far! From your commentary you already know some aspects of this mod like stability, etc.

Couple remarks:
-The Egyptians are a good tutorial civ, their UHV game is short and relatively straightforward, with the main difficulty being all the wonders you need to build before someone beat you to one of them.
-DoC has some scripted events or AI behavior that can blindside a new player, so don't be discouraged if they ruin your plans! Pay attention to when nearby civs will spawn though, they can seriously complicate things.
-You can see the stability values of your tiles by flipping the stability view above the map.
-About your Granary timing: there's a button in the lower right side of the city screen that can turn off growth to avoid this exact problem.

Out of curiosity, do you already know what other mods you want to check out in future videos?

Welcome to DoC my man! It and Vox Populi are the only ways I play Civ nowadays.

Okay thanks, I guess thing that I don't understand is the take control of civ mechanic, is it for if you miss your victory conditions on first civ or is it normal to swap a lot?

And in terms of other Mods I'm sure I'll try Fall from Heaven at some point, tbh I got a bit confused trying to navigate that forum though. I also wanna try check out the mods for some other games like total war, roller coaster tycoon and obvs civ 3.

Okay thanks, I guess thing that I don't understand is the take control of civ mechanic, is it for if you miss your victory conditions on first civ or is it normal to swap a lot?

And in terms of other Mods I'm sure I'll try Fall from Heaven at some point, tbh I got a bit confused trying to navigate that forum though. I also wanna try check out the mods for some other games like total war, roller coaster tycoon and obvs civ 3.
Largely it's just there so players can get creative. Civilization is as much a sandbox series as it is a strategy one.

Top Bottom