1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

First Timer

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Dimitri, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Dimitri

Dimitri Chieftain

This is my first time here.

I have read most of your threads over several days and I must say some of your ideas or improvements for the latest release of Civ IV are quite impressive and original. I have made my own list of iteams that I would like to see in the latest version but I would also like to remind everyone that any type of improvement needs to be kept simple and elegant.

Personally I haven't played Civ III, I am a fanatic of Civ II MGE and I may buy Civ III later on, after they remove all bugs from it.

:cool:

2. SesnOfWthr

SesnOfWthr True Believer

You know, just because everyone wants changes made to Civ3 doesn't mean that it's not a great game already. There are really only a few major bugs in the game, if you download the latest patches. Don't let evryone's daydreams here mislead you. We all have things we'd like to see to make the game better, but those particular fixes vary depending on whom you talk to. I will tell you this though, don't expect it to play the same as civ2, or you'll be in for a rude awakening. Again that doesn't make it bad, just different ....

Also, how do you know what changes you'd like to see if you've never even played it?

BTW -- it says three posts but since you say you're new, Welcome!! :beer:

3. sabo

sabo My Ancestors were Vikings

I agree with SesnOfWthr, I have been playing civ II and civ III for years, if fact I've played longer with Civ III than Civ II, I can't think of any other game in my history of PC gaming (16 years) that has kept me so interested for so long. You should try it dimitri, if you like Civ II you'll LOVE Civ III.

4. SuperSipahi

SuperSipahi Chieftain

I agree with Sabo.
    CivIII is a GREAT game:love:

5. Adalid

Adalid Chieftain

I too am a newcomer to posting if not the site. Dmitri- go get this game. You will not regret it. CIV has been entertaining me for ten years now.

6. CIVPhilzilla

CIVPhilzilla Reagan Republican

Civ III is a great game, that is why you should vote for it in the gamespy title fight, click my sig to vote.

7. Mad Bomber

Mad Bomber Commander

Civ 3 and PTW are largely without bugs (as long as they are patched), C3C is a different story. Even so, I would advise you to buy Civ 3 and C3C as C3C will eventually have its major bugs worked out, meanwhile C3C includes fully patched versions of Civ III and Civ III: PTW (you need to buy Civ 3 for Civ III: Conquests to function)