1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

First try on Emperor

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by ahmedhadzi, Feb 8, 2009.

1. ahmedhadzi

ahmedhadzi Relocation Consultant

After playing a lot of dominating games on prince I finally decided to move up a level. So I tried my first ever Emperor game and even wanted to make my experience even harder so I left my leader and civ choice random. Long story short I got Saladin, and I think it was a good choice since in my opinion from this level up you should take by force everything that is rightfully yours:)!
    I have a question about my next war though. My nortern neighbours are Joao and Pascal, Joao completly cuts me from Pascal and Joao is also Pascal's vassal.
    I have Gilgamesh as my vassal on the western end of continent cut of from those to guys by my vast empire? My question is: If I declare war on Joao because I can walk through his small land like butter, but I think I still don't have that edge on Pascal, who should be asked for peace once I gain what I need? Pascal or Joao, so I can make sure that I will be at peace with both?
    Thanks

2. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

Pascal is your issue. DoW on 1 is DoW on both. So attack, take as much as you can, but you will probably need at least one city of Pascal's captured before he will negotiate peace. Joao cannot negotiate peace independently.

3. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

If you make peace with the master, the vassal will also declare peace. But if Joao is not a military vassal, then he might choose to renounce Pacal's protection and negotiate peace individually.

4. champ82

champ82 Immortal Ruler

It goes Prince ---> Monarch -----> Emperor.

So were you playing on Monarch, then?

5. ahmedhadzi

You're right my Bulgarian Friend, it is Monarch, my bad, for me it's just labels:D
    But right now it feels to my like when I moved from Noble to Prince, and I think I won't need more than few games to feel really confident about beating those pesky AIs on Monarch and then
    Emperor here I come!!!

6. champ82

champ82 Immortal Ruler

Personally I found the jump from Prince -----> Monarch easier than either
    Noble ----> Prince
    or Monarch -------> Emperor

Still felt damn cool when I did it though (Ramsses, Space.)

BTW - I'm an American in Bulgaria, but there's no reason you should have know that.

Good luck and happy civing.

7. ahmedhadzi

I'm from Serbia but in US:D, but no matter where I am Civ is my love:lol:
    I think I'll go for space on this one too, Mao is too developed on the other island, I could take it on Monty and William for domination, but I think he will go for space and I don't want to risk it on my first game.