First Venetian Playthu

mcshame

Warlord

Link to video.

With only a half a dozen playthrus under my belt, the Venetian call to gold and prosperity calls to me. I am not experienced but will try it on Prince and with an Archipelago map for the first time. Looking forward to it.

Recap to date:

I'm alone on my island without any city states or civilizations. I plan on a religious/gold civ and thoughts that this will be my attempt at diplomatic or cultural victory, I will let the others do the fighting.

Romantic notion...the Netherlands are next door to me..ahh, they will be my friends...then I find the Zulus...and they want to be friendly. I get my 1st Merchant of Venice and realize I am growing too slow...to survive, I need to expand...or die. A respectable battle with the Dutch, I take their diamonds and gold and then their capital. A considerable amount of time to take the Zulu Capital with a much larger army and fleet. However, with my eyes on the Zulus, The Ottomans have spread like a plague onto mine and the surrounding lands.

They must be eradicated....however the threat of the Zulus and the Americans loom. Can I forge and alliance with the Americans following that unfortunate spying incident and face a common foe? Or will they all declare me a tyrant as I attempt to protect beautiful Venice and the Venetian Empire!

Venice Live Stream Channel

Video Recordings

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14

Power and greed may have done me in last evening. In my righteous cleansing of the Ottomans from my land, I have been denounced by nearly all including the Americans that were warming up to me. I then bought a city state and my unhappiness is at unacceptable levels...I had to give a captured Zulu city to the Americans to get my happiness to non revolting levels. Still, I have grown too large and already have most luxury resources with little options to improve it besides dumping another city...Will I be able to find my way out of the depression I have led my civilization into?

With much thought and planning, I have restored my happiness to good levels, even to the point where I can take a good sized city. I have created a very large problem. When I dumped the Zulu capital (wrong choice to dump) and gave it to America (very bad move...), America have grown into a very powerful empire as they had already taken another capital city. They also have all the fortification and attack bonus wonders so an assault on Washington may not go well at all. However, my "friends" the Ottomans capital city has many wonders and is a good production city that will net me -5 unhappiness...I can take that. That would set me better against America. With my wealth going really well now, I figure if I take the Ottoman capital and buy out the city states (which I control most), I can win a Diplomatic victory...We'll, that is until the American's turn their attention on me....

With much iron and sweat (and gold!), I built a fleet and army to attack Istanbul. He had very little of ground troops however the city was quite strong and my ships couldn't take more that 2 hits and then required to retreat to repair. I also sent in Gatling Guns instead of Cannons to take the city, ie no siege units....Really bad planning, had to execute the military commander. After clearing all his navy and units, he made peace and gave me one of the cities he settled on my island that started my blood rage in the first place. We are at peace however the Americans are still a huge threat and I need Istanbul and it's production and wonders to square up against them. I will use the peace to build up my siege units and relaunch an attack. When funds permit, I will ally with the last ~3 outstanding city states and set up gaining control of the United Nations. I will also need to plan for unhappiness again, I have an engineer in waiting to produce a wonder to help, just need my science to get me there. If I could just make an ally and start a science agreement...

Episode 7

Great victories against my enemies! The outcome may now be clear...the Americans put up a good fight and made the 2 city victory a glorious battle. But they are still a force to deal with...

Episode 8
Episode 9

Took a bit of a break from war and built up my cities with my abundant supply of gold. Still eyeing the Americans, fearful of their potential power. Then the announcement to the world that they had entered the nuclear age! Holly crap, 3 technologies ahead of mine to join them. All spies redeployed on America but their defensive are up and gains are too slow. I am force to attack and take a couple of more cities, finally reaching their mainland. Both having battleships and planes, it will be a race to take Washington prior to the Americans dropping the Atomic Bomb on my cities. I wonder how much time I have.... (if someone could let me know how close they are after the announcement, would be much appreciated...never got this deep into the game!)

Episode 10
Episode 11

Also, is there anyway to get guarded people that keep denouncing me but on my good side. Some go friendly, but 2 turns later, they denounce me again...I want a science agreement so bad!!

For all the denouncements and isolation I was subjected to, all felt the sting of my atomic bomb and watched as I occupied their glowing cities. I am the Prince of Venice, now onwards to becoming the Emperor of my next Empire.

Episode 14

Top Bottom