1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

First win on Immortal

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Kataklysm, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Kataklysm

Kataklysm Chieftain

Hi!

I just wanted to share my joy following my first ever victory on Immortal difficulty, which honestly I never thought I could achieve. I won a cultural victory with Kongo on epic speed. What amazes me is that I played relatively laid-back, without any real expectations since it was my first try on Immortal, my first time attempting a culture victory and my first play with Kongo altogether.

The key points that made me emerge victorious were:
    - Me working hard to get Rome's religion which had the 3x tourism yield for relics bonus
    - Me successfully disrupting every spaceport in the world (at least 7-8) to prevent Germany and Egypt and Pericles getting the science victory. This is somewhat of an AI exploit as they never fix a pillaged spaceport...
    - Staying out of trouble from an aggressive Peter and Gilgamesh nearby
    - Clinching Bolshoi, Hermitage, Forbidden Palace... but NOT even Broadway, nor Cristo nor Sydney Opera
    - Being suzerain of Kumasi and Buenos Aires pretty much the whole time for steady culture and happyness

So that's it... looking forward for my next game.

RohirrimElf and Danthor like this.
  2. WileyWilson

WileyWilson Chieftain

Congrats!

3. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Yep, well done, Kongo do well out of the triple relics. It sounds like you played a relatively peaceful long game.
    Its nice when your first time is long amd enjoyable. Makes for a good memory

Kataklysm likes this.
  4. Lynnes

Lynnes King

Aww, congratulations on that! :trophy:

So winning on deity will be next? :)

Kataklysm likes this.
  5. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

Good Job, If you start on a crowded continent the game might be a bit harder. For me the starting spot makes for a harder or more easy game.

Kataklysm likes this.
  6. Futumch

Futumch Calm as a Coma

Good work there! Once you're comfortable with Immortal level, there's only the dreaded Deity level left. There probably should be an alarming chord playing when you read that last sentence.

7. Kataklysm

Kataklysm Chieftain

I didn't find the gap from Emperor to Immortal that big.. how is it from Immortal to Deity ? Is it a huge level?

8. zxcvbob

zxcvbob Emperor

Congratulations. I'm in the middle of winning my first Emperor game (I think it's in the bag, but there are a lot of turns left to go. Domination, science, and culture all at the same time, not sure which will trigger first.)

When I played as Kongo, I got so many great musicians and artists I had no place to put them. I end of deleting some of them because they annoy me -- and that's after building wonders to hold great works. I just thought of this; is it worthwhile to sell excess great works to the AI's to free up slots?

9. Kataklysm

Kataklysm Chieftain

I came close to not having enough room to put all my great works, some great musicians had to stay idle for a few turns while I finish wonders or broadcast centers.

As for selling excess great works, why not, as long as you're not breaking theming bonuses and are selling to a non-rival civ