First Win on Prince

OldDude

Warlord
I know most of you can do that in your sleep (LOL), but I've been trying to move up in difficulty level lately after playing (badly) on Warlord level for so long.

I came on this board to get advice and it's been great. I've learned a lot but still much to learn.

So this was my 3rd game on Prince. I lost the first 2. I found that the AI loves to get vassal states. In my first Prince game one AI got about 3 or 4 vassals and it was suicide to attack and one of his vassals ended up winning a Culture victory. In the 2nd game I expanded too fast and my economy went into the tank to where I fell so far behind in tech there was no way I could catch up. I got beat down badly.

This game it all seemed to fall into place. I killed Germany early with an axe rush as I was expanding. I declared on Japan and took a few of his cities then took some goodies in a peace treaty. I rebuilt and did it again. Then I rebuilt some more and attacked him again. This time he capped. In the meantime Portugal peacefully vassaled to me.

After a bit, I attack Maya, who capped after I took just 2 cities. I then went right to Mongolia, who had Justinian as a vassal. He capped after taking 3 cities. DOMINATION VICTORY! The year: 1858.

Anyway, it was cool and I wanted to share, especially for all of the experts on this board who have helped me.

Thanks again and I might be doing another shadow game for my first attempt at Monarch but I think I'll do some more Prince games first.

Nice going!
Like the quote of the semiconductors tech.
"What is happines? - The feeling that power is growing and that resistance is being overcome." ;)
Congrats!

Good job, OD! Keep it going. Looking forward to your next shadow game. I think a move to Monarch soon will be good, as it will force you to get better in certain areas, but I'd play a game or two on Prince here to continue to get better at some basic things. Falling behind like you did in that one game is a concern that needs to be worked out. We've focused primarily on the early game here, and I feel that that is an area that still needs quite a bit of work. However, after a certain point in the game I imagine things reach a rather black area for you in terms of not ever having advice at that point. Feel free to post up more mid-game type saves just so we can check out your progress and point out where you should actually be at the point.

Looking forwards to your next shadow game OD!

You've discovered the power of chain capitulation and why the vassal mechanic is so broken in this game. Remember it going forward, and keep at it!

Good job! Practice on Prince and move up to Monarch, keep on keeping on!

Top Bottom