1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fish? Jean-Michel Jarre? Juno Reactor? And some other bands...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by WerBackIII, Sep 27, 2008.

?

see OP

1. Fish (ex-Marillion vocal) - Progressive Rock

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Diary of Dreams - Darkwave

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Juno Reactor - Psytrance

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  4. Jean-Michel Jarre - Ambient

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. The Residents - Experimental

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. WerBackIII

WerBackIII Jar of the Rotting Brain

Hello again, to all of you that (might) remember me. I decided to return making a little personal-orientated thread, because after a big, long thinking I decided that in CFC were the people that I can trust about such a decision.

Okay, enough pathetic talks... as some of you know I'm a big music maniac, and now I have a big choice of concerts that I can attend to the next 2 months. With one big problem - I will maybe be able to attend only to two of them.

It's been weeks since I can't decide which concerts to miss... so if you were me which concerts would you go to?

I know that this is kinda strange question.

Here is the chronological list:

Fish (Marillion ex-vocal) [Progressive Rock] - 12th October, Sofia, Bulgaria
    Diary of Dreams [Darkwave] - 22th October, Sofia, Bulgaria
    Juno Reactor [Psy Trance] - 30th October, Sofia, Bulgaria
    Jean-Michel Jarre [ambient]- 10th November, Bucharest, Romania
    The Residents [experimental] - 15th October, Solun, Greece

Now, I know most of you haven't heard half of the artists (maybe Juno Reactor and Jean-Michel are the only well-known), but I have. And I already missed Manu Chao and Ministry (damn it, it was my last chance to see them live), so I don't want to miss all of these great bands.

I'll attach poll.

2. Heretic_Cata

Heretic_Cata We're gonna live forever

Fish & Diary of Dreams i don't like.
    My vote goes to Juno Reactor - he has too many awsome songs.

3. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

I really liked Marillion's first album and went to see them when they were in London when they toured following its release. I hated the way they (Fish) talked down to the audience, it totally ruined the show for me and I haven't bought an album by them since. It took to long time for me to be able to listen to Script for a Jester's Tear again even though I still think it is a brilliant album. I would still not be able to attend one of their concerts even though it's probably 25 years since that one, so the Fish concert would be a miss for me.

Jean-Michelle Jarre - I've never seen him live so would go to that one.

Don't know the others so can't comment, but really it's totally personal.

4. WerBackIII

Well, I preffer it to be personal.

BTW, it seems that in February Marillion are going to have a concert in Bulgaria... I actually enjoyed one or two things from their newer works and I'll go if I have the opportunity.

5. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

The Marillion concert I went to was back when Script for a Jester's Tear was released in the mid 1980s. I'm sure they've learn't how to deal with the audience much better than they did then. Unfortunately first impressions can be very strong. If you go to that one you'll have to let us know what you thought, you never know, a good write up may even convince me to give them another try after all this time.

6. WerBackIII

I can't believe Juno Reactor got most of the votes.

Currently I've been watching some live videos of Diary of Dreams... check them out, I think they make awesome concerts:

Soul Stripper
    Butterly - Dance!
    Giftraum

7. Heretic_Cata

Heretic_Cata We're gonna live forever

That was actually quite nice. Still, they're goth-ish feel doesn't beat juno's new age feel. But i guess it's just a preference.

8. WerBackIII

@Cata - that's my favourite DoD song. :D

I'm interested into who voted for The Residents... :rolleyes: