Fishing boats

Justicar333

Warlord
I've been playing my first game of FF, and learning the ropes. Finially got the workers going, don't mind them getting xp. But work boats.. Got a pair out, and discovered it was going to take about a zillion turns to build fishing boats. Got Sailing, and glanced over the techs. Couldn't see one though that would accelerate the work boat speed. Also they were not gaining XP.

What have I missed? Are we just not supposed to go out on the water? I'd believe it, considering all the nasty critters floating around beyond the coast line. Playing Kahdi, their a load of fun. But do to a little accident on settings, about to start a new game. Think will try the Scions this time. :)

What have I missed? Are we just not supposed to go out on the water? I'd believe it, considering all the nasty critters floating around beyond the coast line. Playing Kahdi, their a load of fun. But do to a little accident on settings, about to start a new game. Think will try the Scions this time. :)

It was a bug relating to the fact you no longer need techs to start constructing improvements - should be fixed in the latest patch (check the download thread - it's on Patch D at the moment).

A totally unrelated question about fishing boats - I've got Kingfisher Wharf in my capital, and I wanted to spread it - my understanding is you need work boats to do that, but I couldn't see any way to do so - I presumed the way was to build a work boat in the city that has the Wharf in it, and then move that work boat to another city, then there would be some option to spread it. However, there didn't seem to be any option there.
Either I've missed something, and the mechanic just needs some clarification, or there's a bug (i'm using patch D if that's relevant)

A totally unrelated question about fishing boats - I've got Kingfisher Wharf in my capital, and I wanted to spread it - my understanding is you need work boats to do that, but I couldn't see any way to do so - I presumed the way was to build a work boat in the city that has the Wharf in it, and then move that work boat to another city, then there would be some option to spread it. However, there didn't seem to be any option there.
Either I've missed something, and the mechanic just needs some clarification, or there's a bug (i'm using patch D if that's relevant)

Workboats and Fishingboats are two different things (though they share a graphic). It's the Fishingboat you need to spread the Kingfishers, and it can be built in any city that has (a) the guild and (b) a seafood resource (it needs a resource for the guild to be considered "active".

Thanks, grabbed the new patch and it's working fine now. :)

Top Bottom