Fix for problems with Luxuries

Infixo

Deity
Hello everyone :) After a year+ hiatus, the Leader Pass brought me back to playing and modding Civ6. I have read in several posts that the infamous problem with AI not improving luxury resources in M&C Mode is still not fixed by the devs and there is a workaround by R.E.D. The workaround however has some limitations, the most notable is that the problem still exists in Ancient Era (well, actually before AI discovers Currency).
...and I really wanted to play with M&C :cry:
So, after several hours of digging into this issue I think I found a better solution. I posted it on Steam Workshop (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2901589423) and I attach the mod here. It would be very helpful to get more people to do some testing.

Edit. The mod is available also on CivFanatics https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/real-fixes-luxuries-ai.30281/

Last edited:
As always, great work! Gonna try this.

Wouldn't this be great as part of your AI mod? 🙂

As always, great work! Gonna try this.

Wouldn't this be great as part of your AI mod? 🙂
It has a different purpose (fix/workaround) and hence different group of people might be interested in it. I'd rather keep mods more modular, so everyone can choose the set that best fits her/his needs.

Whoa, nice. I'm going to snag it when I get home from work. This is a must have for me, because I love Monoply Mode.

Whoa, nice. I'm going to snag it when I get home from work. This is a must have for me, because I love Monoply Mode.

Yeah, the main reasons why I don't enable monopoly mode are that the AI doesn't improve anything and that you still get stupidly crazy tourism. If this fixes one of those pieces, that's big.

Wow…thank you so much for this! I have very few real complaints about this game I play so much and the issues with AI not improving luxury resources was one of them. My posts on this forum were mostly about that :p

Really appreciate you taking the time to find a fix/workaround.

Infixo's explanation on the steam page, for those interested:
1671060215178.png

Monopolies mode seemed cool as it sort of lines up with your natural playstyle anyway, so the AI may not be totally unable to figure out what to do (unlike secret societies or zombies, for example). Glad to see this is here

Trying this.

Yeah, the main reasons why I don't enable monopoly mode are that the AI doesn't improve anything and that you still get stupidly crazy tourism. If this fixes one of those pieces, that's big.
I've been using the customization mod and removing monopolies from the game, so I can still have industries without seeing crazy spikes in tourism.

Top Bottom