Fix to error causing star systems to not show up

Jorde5

Chieftain
I'm on the Steam version, and there's a few things I did in combination that worked. First I changed the .exe in Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword/Civ4BeyondSword.exe to run in Administrator mode.

Spoiler :

upload_2021-10-27_9-11-55.png

Then I went to the FFP Github and took the FinalFrontierGameUtils.py there, and used it to replace the one in my mod installation.
I have it uploaded here in .xml (Civfanatic won't upload .py files), but it's supposed to be a .py file. Make sure to change the file extension back.

Spoiler :

upload_2021-10-27_9-22-24.png

Then what I did is create a desktop shortcut to boot up the mod directly. Make sure it's run as an Administrator, which happened for me automatically after I changed the .exe

Spoiler :

upload_2021-10-27_9-24-19.png

upload_2021-10-27_9-25-7.png

Put "mod= Mods/Final Frontier Plus" at the end in the Target line, without quotation marks, and make sure there's a space after the .exe"

This altogether fixed my issues, though it's possible just replacing the .py file is enough.

Attachments

• FinalFrontierGameUtils.xml
    32.4 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
It seems like the FinalFrontierGameUtils.py file gets corrupted in the installation somehow. I couldn't say why.

Top Bottom