[FIXED] 1.0.0.621 - No heal button for aircraft in city

Mercade

the Counsellor
The stealth bomber in my capital is clearly hurt from several missions, but I do not get the heal button to actually let it heal.
When I rebase the same bomber to an aircraft carrier, I do get the heal button. It is not clear whether that's because it works on carriers, or whether it just refreshed the button after moving.

Addendum: It's consistently that in my capital city the bombers don't get a heal button and on the carrier they do. I resorted to building a carrier for all my land based bombers, but I doubt that's the way to go.

Addendum 2: After building the carrier, it appears that bombers that skipped their turn in the city did heal, but that's not very intuitive if there isn't a heal button to let them rest until fully healed.

Spoiler :

I see the same problem. It involves jet fighters, stealth bombers, and not just my capital city. I discovered just letting it sit in place starts the healing. But, I agree, there should be a heal button.

I have seen this in my games too. In addition, i have seen this behaviour as well on naval units.

There is indeed no heal button. A heal button would ensure the air unit prompts for orders once it is healed.

Got it yesterday. Both Bombers and Stealth Bombers.

Please, anyone who sees this issue, provide a save game.

Please, anyone who sees this issue, provide a save game.
It's demonstrated in the attached save file. There is a bomber in London that is hurt from bombing Budapest. It is in need of orders, but it doesn't get a heal button. If you rebase to the nearby carrier, it will get a heal button upon the next turn.

Attachments

• Hurt Bomber.zip
    300.8 KB · Views: 159
Thanks for the file. Bug confirmed.

Moderator Action: Moved to the Confirmed Bugs forum.

My fighter is stationed in a city and is damaged but I cannot issue the "heal" command (i.e. fortify until healed). It is the last remaining active unit in the save file.

Attachments

• bug-fighter heal city.Civ5Save
    885.4 KB · Views: 173
Thanks for reporting this problem, but it's already known.

Moderator Action: Thread merged.

Thanks for reporting this problem, but it's already known.

Moderator Action: Thread merged.

I blame the search function. I did a search for "fighter heal city" as well as "air unit heal city" and nothing came up. :)

No problem. When looking for whether a bug has already been reported, I go to the Bug List and use my browser's Find (on this page) function. Searching for "heal" finds this thread right away.

Top Bottom