Hi all.

I'm playing Washington and faced following problem

Given

* 4 Whales (1 near to NY, 2-Washington, 1-Boston) with working boats
* 4 Ivories (NY,Washington,Boston,Atalanta) with camps

Export

* 2 Whales (to Catherine and Hiawatha)
* 1 Ivory (to Catherine)

So, for happiness I have to have 2 Whales and 3 Ivories. However, according to Happiness report Whales are not included . Also, at previous load of this save ivories were not included too but this inconvenience have gone after reload.

My assumption is these are still consumed by old trade treaties which have been canceled recently due to wars (I'm at war with most of other opponents). Unfortunately, I do not have save file as at before war (to cross check and confirm my assumption) but even with current save it is obvious there is bug with Whales.

Regards, Alexander Pavlov.

Attachments

• Washington_0369 AD-1718.zip
    629.4 KB · Views: 164
Tested the save and can confirm that the whales are not counted. Tried to find a reason and went through his deal history. Only whale trades in his history was with hiawatha and was still currently trading whales with him. Don't know where the two other whales have gone.

having similar issues and was going to post a new topic but may work to add it in here.

I don't recall seeing this before the last set of patches, but yesterday had the following happen.

- playing as Alexander and had an extra gold luxury that I tried to trade to Siam. pulled up the trade menu, selected my gold and asked him what he would give me for it to start the negotiations. was very surprised when he offered me one of his cotton resources as the AI hasn't been trading luxuries 1:1 since the patch. hit accept and exited to main screen and noticed that my happiness had not increased. moused over the happiness summary and the cotton did not show up but my gold was gone. reloaded, which is a royal pain as you still have to exit to desktop and restart :( , just to make sure that I hadn't somehow accidentally gifted it to him. but it did it again. restarted one more time and sold it to him for cash, which worked correctly.

- playing as Mongolia and had an extra whale that I wanted to trade to England. it's early in the game and was just looking for some extra cash. asked her how much she would give me. as we were on good terms, I was hoping for at least 250 - 300 gold but she offered something like 350 + 5/turn. after the cotton deal, figured something was up but what the heck. accepted the deal and I got my gold but she took both whales instead of 1. as far as I know, you cannot trade more than 1 of a luxury resource at a time but this acted like I was trading a strategic resource, without any display indicating that. and this bug, if it persists, will cause me to put this game on hold. hit the whaling jackpot in my corner of the world - have at least 5 whales I can hook up and was planning on cashing in by selling off 4 of them on a rotating basis. if every attempted trade of whales takes all of them, my whole play up to this point is negated :sad:

This looks like a duplicate of http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=382974. There's much more analysis on it there. Somebody seems to have narrowed it down to happening when you trade resources a certain way - if you ask "What will you give me for this?" - it will apparently pay for and take 2 of the same resource at a time. That appears to have happened twice here.

confirmed, at least in my situation. went back to a save b4 the trade and tried again where I never asked what they would give me but just filled in different amounts until they accepted. only subtracted 1 resource doing it that way.

I had this bug in 1.0.1.135 ...

I have two Gems ressources in my civilization. The game counted two exported Gems instead of one. Available, none... I verified the active list of contracts (many times), only one Gem was traded.

After a few turns this same contract ended, and with it the two Gems export !
I tried to reproduce this bug without success, but there's definatly a problem somewhere. :(

I managed to reproduce it !
It's a problem with the button "What do you propose ?" in the diplomacy screen :

I have 2 furs...
I offer 1 fur to trade... "What do you propose" => 204 gold
Now I want the AI to add silver... so we have 1 fur / for 204 gold + 1 silver...
"What do you propose" => 63 gold per turn + 2 fur

Of course the screen only says "Furs" because you can't trade more than one, but I know it wants 2 because if I remove all the trades and keep only the Furs, the AI offers me 408 gold instead of 204.

Conclusion : "What do you propose" add ressources to existing deals even when it's not possible.

Top Bottom