1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[FIXED] Bad advisor advice

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by MadmanAtW, Sep 26, 2010.

1. MadmanAtW

MadmanAtW Knight

My economic adviser suggests that I build a Circus. However, a Colosseum is also available to be built- same hammer cost, better maintenance vs happiness ratio. Why would I ever build the Circus first? The adviser should be recommending the Colosseum.

Redonkulously minor compared to most of these. :)

2. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

Agreed. Still, a save would be nice.

3. MadmanAtW

MadmanAtW Knight

Didn't think of it for this one, so I don't have one from that city, but I'll see if it happens in another city and, if so, show it. Might have to drop my happiness a bit again first. :)

Edit: actually, lemme check autosaves.

4. MadmanAtW

MadmanAtW Knight

Got an autosave, it's attached. Go to Boston and the Economic adviser suggests you build the Circus.

Attached Files:

5. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

Thanks. I note that Boston is already building a colosseum. If you change it to soemthign else (eg. garden), it will indeed recommend a Colosseum be built instead of a circus. Still - an improvement opportunity.

6. MadmanAtW

MadmanAtW Knight

It is building the colosseum, because the autosave I had was from right after the turn where I chose to. When I completed the previous build and wasn't working on anything, it recommended the Circus. Interesting that it switches to the Colosseum if you muck with it, though. :)

7. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

More advisor wonkeyness:

1. Settler advisor says to build settlers in OCC when they're not a build option.

2. Militar advisor says war is going poorly and we should sue for peace. Military advisor also says we're winning and should press on.

Save attached.