1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[FIXED] Brandenburg gates general not near the capital, but near wonder city

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by yojox, Sep 28, 2010.

1. yojox

yojox Chieftain

This happened yesterday; unfortunately I didn't think to keep a save game.

I built the Brandenburg Gate (which grants a great general near the capital) in my third city. The great general appeared adjacent to the city that built the wonder, not the capital. I don't know if the other wonders are like this: I built them in my capital.

2. SatanasOz

SatanasOz Chieftain

have no save around either, but i can confirm this behavior. Same thing happed with the two GAs from the Louvre. I'm playing currently playing a Egypt game, trying to to keep a save if it comes to building those again, if this is not confirmation enough.

3. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Savegames, guys, savegames.

And i renamed the thread to be more clear.

4. SatanasOz

SatanasOz Chieftain

Argh, sorry - forgot about that - going to load my saves tomorrow to see in which it was, if no one else has already done so. Sorry :blush:

5. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

I can confirm. The other wonder that gives two free Great Artists says it will give them in the capital as well, but gives them in the city that build the wonder instead.

Probably just a case of out of date tooltips, but still.

6. SatanasOz

SatanasOz Chieftain

ok, the save, finally, for the Louvre

But it is rather obvious. And, it's the same for all wonders that grant free great people, if reaaaally needed, I can produce one save for the gate as well (11 turns of clicking and waiting on a huge map :sad:)

Reproduce: Load Save, click 3 times until end turn, meet Memphis famous great artists in awe ;)

Attached Files:

7. DuseCutter

DuseCutter Chieftain

I saw the same with the Louvre.

8. yojox

yojox Chieftain

Here's a save for Brandenburg. It gets built next turn in Istanbul. Wonder screen pops up, says Great General by capital, but it ought to say Great General by the city it's built in.

As others have said, the same is true for Louvre (which you can see in this save file 8 turns later)

Attached Files: