1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[FIXED] Combat bonus in "friendly" lands working in enemy lands

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by Akhera, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Akhera

Akhera Chieftain

Looks like there's a bug in the "Bonus in friendly lands" the Himeji Castle and Oligarchy provide. If I'm not mistaken, the bonus should work only in friendly territory. But it looks like it works even in enemy territory:

The enemy (Russia) has both the Himeji Castle and Oligarchy. That gives them 58% bonus you can see in the picture. But as you can also see - the territory is mine.

Attached Files:

2. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

Can you provide the save file to accompany this please?

3. Akhera

Akhera Chieftain

Of course

Attached Files:

4. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

Thanks. I note that there is no bonus in 'neutral' territory. I wonder if it somehow thinks your open borders haven't actually expired?

5. fr3nchy117

fr3nchy117 Chieftain

I would like to say I also had this same problem. I THINK Russia built the hemji castle, then Persia invaded Russia. Then invaded me. I saw this exact same thing.

Actually now that I think about it Persia probably built it, cuz they invaded Russia with ungodly speed.

Pretty game breaking when my helicopter gunship attacks a modern armor... And gets owned. :p

I can figure out how to post a save file if you want me to as well

6. aliatar

aliatar Chieftain

Got the same. As Egypt I had the 33% bonus from the tradition social policy tree and invading Siam I captured the city where he had built the Castle. A bit later I was getting both bonuses combined on fights in his territory.

7. MadmanAtW

MadmanAtW Knight

Can anyone tell if they are actually GETTING the bonuses, or if they are just incorrectly showing up in the odds display?

8. plorry

plorry Chieftain

I just got this bug in a war against Persia. He's definitely getting the +58% bonus in my lands. I only noticed this bonus after he was just slaughtering my full-powered units of equal strength (infantry vs infantry), but I could barely scratch him.

I also figured it had something to do with the open borders agreement not nullifying when war was declared.

9. smitbr

smitbr Chieftain

I tried to add a screen shot but I'm far too incompetient without someone telling me how.

Basically, playing as Egypt and Arabias swarming through my lands and despite being far enough into my borders to be just outside my capital they're still getting the oligarchy bonus of 33% strength inside friendly borders. clearly we are NOT friends since he's trying to kill me.

Getting so bored of the whole endless war of ciV

Moderator Action: Threads merged. The_J

10. DaveGold

DaveGold Emperor

In the attached screenshot the enemy unit is getting a +25% bonus for being in friendly lands. He's in my terrority and I'm at war with him.

Moderator Action: Threads merged. The_J

Attached Files:

11. Venger

Venger Give it a tumble, sport

Just had to quit a game over this bug. Injuns declare war with troops IN MY TERRITORY and attack units that are in open ground. When they DoW, the Open Borders do not cancel, his troops are not ejected from my lands, and the real game ruiner - he gets a 33% bonus on my territory.

I pronounce this game officially broken.

Civ - where you are the beta tester.

12. baronck

baronck Chieftain

Team,

I am currently in a game as Greece (Patch of Sept 30th) where I am at war with England.

They are within my boarders but they still receive a 60%+ Friendly Territory bonus. Almost makes the game unplayable with that bug.

Any ideas?

Moderator Action: Threads merged.

13. baronck

baronck Chieftain

Also tried to take a screen shot and paste it in paint but only got a black screen..any ideas too?

14. baronck

baronck Chieftain

Here is my saved file

Attached Files:

15. Vo01985

Vo01985 Warlord

I'm having the same bug... really frustrating. I captured Arabian city and they keep having their 33% bonus even though they are fighting in my territory.

16. Minor Annoyance

Minor Annoyance Deity

17. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

At least for the purpose of confirming it's already enough, we don't need any further savegames for it.

18. Venger

Venger Give it a tumble, sport

Can others confirm this bug is STILL present? I am getting hit with it attacking Egyptian troops in my territory who get a +25% bonus in friendly lands bonus on the odds screen. Latest patch.

This pisses me off SO MUCH.

19. dshirk

dshirk Firaxian

I can verify this is happening with city bombard, but not unit vs unit in the current build. Please provide a save if you see something different. Thanks!

20. dshirk

dshirk Firaxian

Found and corrected for the next update. It looks like it was only reflected in the UI, and not gameplay.