FIXED: game crashes when popping ancient ruins with a city

Muminus

Chieftain
When I settle a city near ancient ruins, the game crashes to desktop.
Playing as Polynesia (if that matters). Tested few times on different rounds - and the bug is repeated every time.
If I can help anyhow (is there a crash log to post?), I'd be happy to help.

Darek

More info about reporting bugs https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/bug-report-wiki.539525/

This takes you to a github link, so the G can look into it.

1st question is always what other mods are you using, 2nd is which version of VP do you have. If its the most recent version then I'd imagine someone else has mentioned it, either on Github, or the version thread.

I actually had a really strange crash that was happening repeatedly in my Morocco playthrough just a couple days ago that seemed to occur consistently on an enemy turn at some point, and no matter what save I loaded from it would always eventually happen around the same time. I couldn't figure out the cause, but it appeared to be something the ai was doing. Assuming this crash you are speaking of is consistent and replicable across everyone's game, it very well might have been an ai civ repeatedly settling an area with a ruin next to it (probably in a mountain cause it wouldn't get taken there).

I'm using:
1. Community Patch v.88
2. Community balance overhalul v.13
3. City-State diplomacy mod for CBP v.27
4. C4DF - CBP v.11
5. More Luxuries - CBP Edition 5-14b v. 155
6. Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files EUI v.1

Ok, re-posting this to GitHub.

Yes, I was city-rushing, but not popping with a scout was intentional, out of curiosity: "what will happen if I pop with city"? And a crash happened.

Darek

I actually had a really strange crash that was happening repeatedly in my Morocco playthrough just a couple days ago that seemed to occur consistently on an enemy turn at some point, and no matter what save I loaded from it would always eventually happen around the same time. I couldn't figure out the cause, but it appeared to be something the ai was doing. Assuming this crash you are speaking of is consistent and replicable across everyone's game, it very well might have been an ai civ repeatedly settling an area with a ruin next to it (probably in a mountain cause it wouldn't get taken there).
Was the enemy at war? I had this problem when Elizabeth and Caesar were fighting, it would always stop responding and then crash during or right after her turn. I decided to load a previous save with IGE and force them to peace out, which solved it.

Top Bottom