1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[FIXED] Map Type in "Advanced" set-up can't be changed - takes basic setup selection.

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by Iron Weasel, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Iron Weasel

Iron Weasel Chieftain

Might be a bug, might be operator error.

Single Player > Set Up Game > Advanced Setup > Map Type

I can change it to any of the available maps, but when I try to select the "Random Map" option, it simply keeps the previous selection. If I manually pick Lakes, then try Random Map, it will stay set on Lakes. :crazyeye:

Anyone else run across this yet?

2. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

Confirmed - it just keeps whatever map type was selected in the "basic" screen.

3. Githerax

Githerax Chieftain

I have random size and map-type selected, but I always get size 2, map-type islands when I play

4. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Moderator Action: Threads merged.

Thanks that you joined the community to help us :).

5. twit

twit Chieftain

Selecting random map size does not generate a random size at all, it always reverts to whatever map size you last picked before setting it to random, no matter if you start the game via 'play now' or 'set up'.

6. Edgecrusher

Edgecrusher King

Not sure if this is a Bug or not but..

When starting a new game, in the Advanced Setup Screen.
    Under the "Map Type Box"
    When Selecting "Random Map Type", the box will stay on whatever map type was previously selected.

For Example:
    I have Pangaea selected.
    If I select Random Map Type, the box stays on Pangaea.

The same happens for all the other map types.

Moderator Action: Threads merged. The_J

7. The Mad Russian

The Mad Russian Armchair Dictator

I have played around 10 or 11 games of CiV since I have gotten it and I always choose Random Map style. It is always a Continents setting. I have the latest patch/hot-fix (.621), Even if I choose another setting it still reverts to Continents. Has anyone else had this problem? This is my only actual problem I have with the game, but I hope it gets addressed. Thanks

-Mark

Moderator Action: Threads merged. The_J

8. blasto

blasto Prince

Everything else works fine, but it doesn't let me choose the random map option when setting up a game. Does anyone know what gives?

TIA

Moderator Action: Threads merged. If you have a single question, then please don't spread it over multiple threads.

9. The_J

Might be even better so, because that option doesn't work, it's bugged ^^.

Okay, a bit more at the problem: Is the option deactivated / not visible, or why can you not choose it?

10. blasto

blasto Prince

Thanks for the reply...

When I go to setup a game, the random map option shows, but never lets me select it. It'll always default back to the last map type selected. I tried various things, like selecting all the different map types one at a time and then selecting random map after each one, but it would never stay set. I also experimented a bit with all the other setting in this regard; setting all the other variables and then trying to change to random map as the last change. I also tried this first thing as well.

But thanks for the info...at least now I know that this has been acknowledged as a bug.

11. The_J

:yup: that's the bug.

Moderator Action: Threads merged.

12. blasto

blasto Prince

Curiously enough, it worked for me now the last time I setup a custom game. So I guess its an intermittant issue. Not seeing any common denominator yet on what makes it work/not work.