[FIXED] Mods won't install when Steam is not on "C" Drive (was: Cannot see any mods)

AustinYQM

Chieftain
Any mods I download (tried "Realistic Start Location Earth Map", "Queen of Icani", Example: Adding City State Preatorea) say they are complete but never apear in my installed list. Often when I close the game and wait awhile when I open it up it reappears as not being installed and I install it again. I have now installed some of the mods like seven times in the past six hours as it says its complete over and over then vanishes.

What can I do/check to fix this? I am willing to supply any information you nice people need to help me.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Steam has to be installed on C:\ - Then the MODs are displayed. But I WILL NOT install steam and my games on C:\.

I hope someone has a solution for that soon?!

Any mods I download (tried "Realistic Start Location Earth Map", "Queen of Icani", Example: Adding City State Preatorea) say they are complete but never apear in my installed list. Often when I close the game and wait awhile when I open it up it reappears as not being installed and I install it again. I have now installed some of the mods like seven times in the past six hours as it says its complete over and over then vanishes.

What can I do/check to fix this? I am willing to supply any information you nice people need to help me.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I've written a rough tutorial. Hopefully this will solve your problem.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=9653268#post9653268

Nice tutorial ainwood. But won't solve the problem with Steam. After clicking on "Install Mods" the screen is empty again. As i've read in other forums installing mods works fine if Steam is installed on C:\.

I bet all the users here, which have problems, have their Steam installation on another harddisk/partition.

Nice tutorial ainwood. But won't solve the problem with Steam. After clicking on "Install Mods" the screen is empty again. As i've read in other forums installing mods works fine if Steam is installed on C:\.

I bet all the users here, which have problems, have their Steam installation on another harddisk/partition.

:hmm: OK. Not sure about this, as I don't have that set-up. I did think that installing mods isn't actually that intuitive.

... the extraction tool didn't work when it is not C: or/and NON English or/and you didn't use an Administrator Account !

A joke that nobody tested this !

and that nobody give us that FILES already extracted , so that we could use them !

Thank you ...THAT WAS THE SOLUTION ...

unzip that downloaded MODS into that MOD directory (with 7zip ... there are 32bit and 64bit Versions available) and it shows up in the MOD MENUE , now you could choose it (green checked) ...

that is when a developer uses FREE EXTRACTION TOOLS and don't pay anything to the developer ...

I think they forgot that there are other languages and 32bit and 64bit Versions of that 7zip extraction tool ...

damn had to search for that over 5 hours

What sort of support do you want? If its a problem with Steam, then go to the Steam forums. If its a bug in Civ5, post it here. If its a tech support issue with Civ5, go to the 2K forums (or our support forums here)

Thanks for your 7z solution! Works great!

IMHO it is a combination of Steam and Civ5. What has Steam to do with Mods. And why do Civ5 don't install MODs properly when Steam is on another partition. Really stupid bug.

Thanks for your 7z solution! Works great!

IMHO it is a combination of Steam and Civ5. What has Steam to do with Mods. And why do Civ5 don't install MODs properly when Steam is on another partition. Really stupid bug.

Thank you guys. I have seam installed on my S drive (S is for steam, my steam folder is 200ish gigs). Never thought THAT could be the problem.

Now that I got that working, is it not possible to play MP mods? It was more then possible in civ4.

Top Bottom