[FIXED] Research agreements sometimes get locked

Teodosio

Warlord
This is a bug report.
I made with Ramesses a research agreement around turn 90. I am now in turn 210 and the agreement was never completed. I am unable to make another research agreement with Ramesses too.

I have attached screenshot proof.
In the first two images you can see all of my "current deals" and you can see that I have only 2 with Ramesses. We are just exchanging resources for money.
Current deals 1
Current deals 2

In the last image you can see that, in the diplomacy screen with Ramesses, the option to make a research agreement is greyed out. The tooltip shows the reason: "research agreement is already in place"!
Problem

How is that possible? Is it possible to fix this?

P.S. In this moment neither me nor Ramesses have money to make the agreement anyway, but the problem presents itself even when we have enough money.

I've got the same issue, but it happened under slightly different circumstances. I had a research agreement going with Askia, and had previously been doing them with Russia and Siam. During my agreement with Askia, Siam decided to wipe them out and they were completely destroyed in the middle of the agreement. When this happened I received a technology for the agreement even though it was still listed as active.

Afterwards I noticed I couldn't make new agreements. Both Siam and Russia had enough money to do so and according to the deal screen 30 turns had passed since my Askia deal, but I was unable to make new agreements (it said one was already active). There was also empty black space on the diplomacy summary screen where it would usually list a research agreement as being available.

Can you please post a save? Ideally from the turn before you made the research agreement?
Hello friend, I don't have a save from before making the agreement but I have a save from the turn in which I took the screenshots. You can cleary see the it is not possibile to make an agreement with Ramesses but in the currents deals there are no research agreement with him.
If you want I can provide a later save, same history.

Anyway this issue was reported on 2K forums too and bigden (Firaxis Producer) says they are going to fix it:
http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89541

Attachments

• turn 210.Civ5Save
    699.8 KB · Views: 143
Anyway this issue was reported on 2K forums too and bigden (Firaxis Producer) says they are going to fix it:
http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89541
Excellent - thanks for letting me know. :goodjob:

What we're trying to do is collate bugs so that Firaxis can get them (efficiently) and fix them. If they've reported that they've found it, then saves us the trouble of getting every little detail.

I've been finding half the time that when a research agreement reaches its 30 turns nothing happens. Which is killing me since I concentrate on spending all my gold early game on agreements.

This happens more often than not when I accept multiple research agreements on the same turn.

Bug or? I couldnt find any topics on this :confused:

I've noticed this sometimes, but usually I thinks it's caused by researching the tech that is unlocked by the research agreement.

Example:

I was one turn away from finishing Rifling. I end turn and my research agreement is completed at the start of my next turn, but I am given Rifling by the research agreement and my research for the turn goes in to the next tech that I choose to research. I still think this is a bug, the game should check for beaker completion first and research agreement second. Or the game could just allow excess research to overflow so that the entire tech's worth of research isn't lost because the random research roll gives me the same tech I was researching.

I never noticed a problem before the last patch but this happened to me twice this weekend (once in a multi-player team game and once in my solo game).

Are you still looking for saves? Could save before every trade agreement in my next game and hope I get 'lucky.'

It may have been coincidence but I've noticed that so far I've never received the tech I was currently researching unless it was the only tech available at the time. That MAY have been what bugged me in my single player game. I was at a choke point in the tree and was researching a tech the same turn two research agreements came due. Only two techs were available the one I was almost done researching and one other so maybe it sorta 'bounced' ? I think I've heard that others have received the tech they were researching though so maybe just a coincidence.

I have an HP dv7 Pavilion Entertainment Notebook w/ Intel Core i7 Quad Core 1.6GHz, 6 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GT 230M w/ 1GB VidRAM and Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

I am currently playing version 1.0.0.20 without any mods.

It is currently turn 257.
In Diplomacy Overview->Deal History you can see I signed a Research Agreement with Bismark on Turn 240. I signed one with Victoria on turn 243. Those are the only two active Research Agreements.
I have a completed one with Gandhi signed on turn 202. When I go into the diplomacy screen with Gandhi to try and request a new Research Agreement, it is grayed out with the message "Research Agreement is already in place!"

This seems like a bug to me.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0256 AD-1730.Civ5Save
    738.1 KB · Views: 171
Hi. My Search (google and Forum) bring no result so far for me - so i ask you guys. I have a Research Agreement with Amerika. The 30 Rounds are over but I don't get any new Tech by this Research Agreement. This Agreement was one round after the deal expired in the list for the completed deals. But i get no Tech and no information about what is happen. The "only thing" that happens in this 30 rounds is that Russia declare war upon Amerika (I play Siam).

I dont know if this intended (maybe becouse of the war between Amerika and Russia) or is it simple an other bug. Have someone Information for me about this case?

thank you The_J :).

The discribed cases in this thread are very similar but not equally. In my case it was 100% a bug because I have reload an auto save (3 Rounds before) and after that the Research Agreement was complied.

So if someone have trouble with Research Agreements (until patch I hope) then try reload an older save.

I have a save the turn before 3 research agreements expire. I've tested it twice now and when I end my turn, my research agreements expire (They more from current deals to completed deals) but I don't receive any techs. Hopefully this save helps the devs diagnose the bug.

Does this save do this to anyone else? To check, look at current deals before ending the turn and confirm that you see 3 research agreements. Then end turn and confirm that the research agreements move to completed deals.

I also tested after the agreements expired, I can't form new agreements with the civs that this bugged out on.

Attachments

• ResearchTest4-660AD.Civ5Save
    802.4 KB · Views: 144
I just had that bug happen to me as well. I can no longer create research agreements with two different civs, nor did I receive the research when the agreement expired. I don't know how to upload a saved game, but can do so if necessary.

Top Bottom