[FIXED] Saved Modded Games won't load

Altha

Chieftain
Hi-

There are 15 mods right now. I've installed three and am able to play them. (Kael's mods and the clock mod) I can save my progress as well.

The problem is if I leave the game after saving, then try to reload it...the Load button won't activate and it says instead that the selected saved game is not compatible with the enabled mods. The mod is downloaded, installed and enabled. I can load games that are not using mods.

I've tried auto, manual, and cloud saves.

I know at least one other person is having this problem via the steam forums.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1440909

Has anyone else experienced this? Modders obviously would have to be able to save and load.

yeah ive had the same problem, have posted a couple of times inquiring about it and have gotten no responses, dont understand whats going on but its starting to piss me off. i want to play my saved games!:mad:

Kael noted that in his playtesting, the clock mod will break his mods.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9648668&postcount=73

As per his suggestion, I removed the clock mod, started a new game with the other mods I wanted to use,
and I'm able to save progress and load mod-enabled saves.

NOTE: I disabled and then deleted Simple Clock, have only Kael's two mods enabled, and started a new game.
The older saves were lost.

Same issue. I too started with the clock, Dale's war mod and Kael's Legion mod. Save would work, but couldn't load. I then removed all but Kael's and for one game it worked great, saved andloaded fine. Then I installed Dale's new world map mod with the set starting positions. It was broken again, but this time I couldn't even save. I uninstalled and deleted Dale's worldmap mod in hopes that this would fix it, but my gameremains unable to save or load a file.

One plus, it sure makes you think about every move. I just hope the game doesn't crash or I may cry.

I have the same issue with only the clock mod. Disabling and/or deleting the mod doesn't help either. (Plus, the clock mod doesn't seem to actually make a clock appear anyway. Yes, I have it enabled.)

i deleted the clockmod (which didnt have any visible clock) and tried reloading saves from the world map (with set start positions) as you guys suggested but it still doesnt allow me to load my saves. ive enabled/disabled everything in different combination's, but still nothing. it really pisses me off that so far ive lost 4 games because either a) i had to go to class and turn off my computer, b) ive tried to reload from an earlier start, or c) THE GAME CRASHED! I mean wtf!? how can you provide this "mod support" that doesnt allow you to load a game? seems insane to me. i hope they fix this FAST.

I just had Simple Clock and Kael's mods installed.
Once Simple Clock was deleted, I was able to play
once I made a new game without the clock mod (or any other mod other than Kael's).
I've been able to play, save progress, and load.
All old saves with mods are toast, couldn't be saved even after deleting Simple Clock.

Firaxis staff says the problem has been identified and fixed, coming out in the next patch.
Also, it will only effect new games. See related thread:

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88137

Relevant bit from thread Altha linked:

Greetings,

I'm happy to report that this issue has been fixed and will be pushed out in the next patch. Because of the nature of the bug, the fix will only impact future modded saved games.

-Shaun

I haven't been able to recreate the problem since the patch, but I'm not sure exactly what triggered it before so I can't be sure.

I still seem to have this problem. Just started a new modded game today with some UI-things. Saved the game properly. The I tried to save the game again a while later and I couldn't see the old game.

Then just before I finished playing saved the game again, figuring that you just can't see the modded savegames for some reason.

Still can't see the savegame, either from the modded single player nor a vanilla one.

Related: I can't load any Modded saves. Even disabling all Mods, then starting a fresh, new Modded game (with all Mods still disabled,) saving, and trying to load from a fresh boot, I can't load the game: it crashes to desktop with a "report to MS" dialogue.

I've searched quite a bit but this thread seems the most relevant to my issue, as its a "saved modded game which won't load" issue. Really hoping they fix this.

On another note: I've had the same issue as the OP several times in the past. I found in my case it was always the result of a conflict between Mods, and by disabling various Mods while keeping others active I could find combinations that would work and load properly. This was before my own issues began, obviously...

I have this problem too, all mod saved games crash when trying to load, even auto saves.

The crash problem? I had this in my mod when I deleted some vanilla promotions instead of just making them unavailable. Might be a problem in other mods, dunno. The best idea is probably notifying the mod's creator of the problem.

Top Bottom