1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[FIXED] Still in-game load crashes after patch 1.0.0.62

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Confirmed Bugs' started by Hesus, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Hesus

Hesus Chieftain

I am using Lenovo W500 laptop for playing the game and still having 100% crash rate while in-game loading after patching to 1.0.0.62. My W500 (type 4062-4DG) laptop specs are: T9600(2.8GHz), 4GB RAM, 200GB 7200rpm FDE HD, 15.4in 1920x1200 LCD, 512MB ATI FireGL V5700, WinVista Business 32 -> Downgraded to WinXP SP3 (Finnish). Should be above min specs. Does anybody know any workaround for this?

2. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

Do your crashes come from loading games that were created with the current patch (1.0.0.62) or with a prior patch?

If you created a game with 1.0.0.62 and it crashes when loading in-game, please post a save file.

If it crashes when loading a game created with a prior patch, do you have the deluxe version of the game (the one that comes with Babylon)? If so, this is a known problem. I read on the 2K forums that Firaxis knows about it and is looking at it.

3. Hesus

Hesus Chieftain

It does not matter whether using prior or post patch saved files. Attached a post patch new game saved file. Also "glowing red orbs" are still visible on the map. I have downloaded the latest ATI drivers from steam about a week ago so shouldn't be a problem with that.

Attached Files:

4. Petek

Thanks for the save file. I can load the save before the game starts, but I also crash when loading it within the game. I'm also running 1.0.0.62 (Deluxe Edition). I also still see the red splotches.

Moderator Action: Moved to the Confirmed Bugs forum.

5. net55

net55 Warlord

the one that comes with Babylon....can u post a link

6. Petek

Is this what you're looking for?

7. net55

net55 Warlord

thx, Petek

8. gamemaster3000

gamemaster3000 Warlord

I'm getting this too, have whatever is current on 12/9/10, tried playing Steam offline to see if that helped, it didn't.

Civ 5 crashes when trying to load a previous turn, making cheating much more efficient than it should be. :p

Sometimes a restart will let it load a few before it crashes on reload.

Video card is an ATI Radeon 4800 Pro, E8500 Intel chip @ 3.16 GHz, haven't updated drivers that recently. Running Windows XP SP2.