1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixing conquered city mechanics (health annex vs. puppet)

Discussion in 'CivBE - Requests and Ideas' started by DavusAD, Mar 21, 2015.

1. DavusAD

DavusAD Chieftain

Hi modders!

I know you like to build new awsome stuff and not fix the broken parts done by the publisher. I'd do it myself, but sadly I lack any clue of your fine arts and craftmanship.
    So please help me, oh godlings of making good games awesome!

In the original release of the game, it was a tough choice after conquering a city to annex or puppet it. Puppet'd cities gave you much less unhealth (sry I don't have exact values) opposed to annexed (= like normal) ones. Additionaly in the first few rounds after conquering, you had a massive health penalty which would decline turn per turn.
    Now that's all gone and you suffer the exact same health penalties for annexing or puppeting. This in all makes the choice rather unmeaningfull and a straitforward annex.

Wishlist:
    • Return different health penalties for puppet'd cities to the game
    • Return the health penalty for conquering a city in general to the game
    In all: just the way it used to be in the original release

I suppose its simple (so I hope not to much trouble) because it has been there before, but one of the 2 patches broke it. I just loved that mechanic and honestly I've asked you because I fear waiting for a patch to fix it would take forever.

Thank you very much!