1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

fixxing multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by llamapower, Mar 17, 2012.

1. llamapower

llamapower Chieftain

Hey sooo first post!

I'm not sure if this has been brought up already but does anyone think there will be any chance that Gods & Kings will fix the multiplayer (examples of problems being no battle animation, AI doesn't initiate communication, etc) or is that just a dead hope this late in the game?

Thanks!

2. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

Look at the regular forum. The next patch coming out fixes a lot of things in multiplayer, including lack of animations. So you won't need to buy G&K for that.

3. CTH

CTH Prince

Some articles has mentioned that there will be changes to multiplayer (no one does really doubt that anyway...) but that the details will be revealed later

4. apocalypse105

apocalypse105 Deity

I would actualy like to play just like in single player play my turn and then end so my opponent can move not a quick move unit first strategy

5. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

My biggest concern with multiplayer is still stability/bugginess.

So many games get destroyed by bugs and stability problems still (Although it is better than when Civ 5 was first launched).

6. KM

KM Warlord

Well froman MP player point of view. The only ones who actually think that the problems with civ MP is the lack of battle animation and that AI doesn't initiate communication is singleplayers who try out multiplayer.

there are problems with multiplayer dont get me wrong. But those two u mentioned. Not on the top of the list.

7. Alk3Crimson

Alk3Crimson Chieftain

If the only thing they changed in multiplayer was simultaneous turns, I would be happy.

8. z220580

z220580 Chieftain

I hear some rumors that Espionage will be turned off in MP.

Anyone here care to comment whether this is true or not ?

9. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

Not all of it will be, but the part where you get to read what the other player is planning won't work in multiplayer. As advanced as their espionage system may be, it still can't read a human player's mind.

10. z220580

z220580 Chieftain

Ah ok, so we will still be able to steal techs and forment unrest then. Nice nice :)

11. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

Most likely, yeah.

12. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

That part is from PCGamer: