1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Flag Switching Utility

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Utility Programs' started by gnome, Sep 28, 2009.

1. gnome

gnome Warlord

Bringing together Bad Ronald's flags for Warlords and King Kongs flags for BTS, with alternate versions.

This utility is run between Civ sessions and will allow you to change to alternate versions of any civ that has them. Playing the Celts and annoyed by England's Union Flag? Change it to the St. George Cross. Stalin looks odd waving the modern Russian flag? Switch it to the Soviet Union flag. Or choose between KK or BR's flags for your favorite Civ.

Customized primarily for BAT mod 2.0, but should work with other mods and vanilla if installed correctly.

Suggestions, corrections, or new flags welcome!

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13394
    Updated to version 1.1.2! See file for changelog--but currently there are only changes to the python file itself for minor bugfix.

2. gnome

gnome Warlord

Since I am updating the file, I am copying in the original discussion comments.

Sep 28, 2009 at 07:40 PM
    Sep 30, 2009 at 09:08 PM
    Oct 01, 2009 at 11:34 AM
    Oct 01, 2009 at 09:58 PM
    Oct 02, 2009 at 12:31 AM
    Oct 02, 2009 at 03:46 AM

3. Senap

Senap Chieftain

This looks very interesting. Is it possible to download any flag from the download page (in proper Civ DDS format) and import it into the game using the application?

4. gnome

gnome Warlord

Yes and no. Yes, any proper DDS flag can be used in the game--but this tool doesn't do the importing per se. It lets you select which among flags saved in the right folder is to be the "active" flag for each civ.

5. gnome

gnome Warlord

Oct 05, 2009 at 09:25 PM
    I know about that flag (partly thanks to you!) but I don't have a DDS of it. If you have one I can put it in the next version.

Oct 05, 2009 at 02:18 PM
    Yes, it would take only minor modifications to the .py file to use different flags.

An example:

"ART_DEF_CIVILIZATION_EGYPT":("Egypt:",{​
    "Art/Interface/TeamColor/FlagDECAL_Agypten.dds":"Eye of Horus (Speculative)",
    "Art/Interface/TeamColor/FlagDECAL_Agypten1.dds":"Eagle of Saladin (Modern)",}),​

This is the section that sets up the options for Egypt (excuse the smilie, but when you open the file you'll understand). The bold parts determine the filename to use, and the italic parts determine the label within the tool. (unformatted in the actual py file of course)

6. gnome

gnome Warlord

Updated for BAT Mod 2.2.

7. smeagolheart

smeagolheart Monarch

Can you get it to preview what these alternate flags look like?

8. gnome

gnome Warlord

This is in desperate need of updating, but I lack the python knowledge...

- Needs a scrollbar for shorter vertical pixel screen resolution
    - Does not seem to work on latest version of Python.
    - I somehow got it working on one machine (mine) but I can't get it working on any others, no matter what version of Python I install.

So anyway I offer this up (it's been something of a community project already, my contribution was mainly to compile the flags together into one mod and research the formal names of RL flags)... if anyone thinks they can make it go.

Wish List
    - More flags
    - Flag previews in the interface