Flammability

solops

Warlord
I find the whole "Flammability" thing irritating and far too powerful in impacting the game. Where is the switch to turn it off? I cannot seem to find it in any of the setup menus.

Nope its a core part of the mod that cannot be turned off.

Well, this is not completely true... It works via the Event System. So to turn them off you have to do this:

Go to your Mod folder, then Assets/XML/Events and open the EventTriggerInfo file. Search for "flammability" and whenever an event requires "at least XX Flammability", you can either increase this limit (to 9999 for example) or just scroll a bit up and look for the "iWeight" tag of the event. Set this to 0 and it will never happen. Then save it and do the same as above in the Assets/Modules/Ori/Events in the Ori EventTriggerInfo file. I'm not sure where the flammability events were to be honest...

Once you edited both files and saved them, buildings still produce flammability but no events that burn down your buildings will occur.
It's a litte effort, yeah, but it's easier then you think and won't take more then 5-10 minutes.

I do think we still need to reduce a great deal of those flammability values - there's a number of GREAT buildings I WON'T build because they'll just destroy themselves and possibly worse. Most of the first buildings offering flammability have like +5 where I'd think +1 would be sufficient. It'd be useful to chart out the flammability modifiers on buildings by the tech X line it's unlocked on. Then we could take a more clear look at those modifiers and get them to build up a bit over time. There's still nothing in the early stage of the game that can help with flammability and perhaps some autobuildings to reduce flammability based simply on the surrounding terrains could help. Access to water and such. But yeah, I don't think fixing the events is all that needs to happen here. There's zero margin for more flammability than what is absolutely necessary to have, such as from the fire pits derived from Controlled Fire.

I like the concept of flammability in the game I just think the modifications are being applied with a bit too heavy a hand - at least in the early stage. (I also think this is probably true for many air and water pollution factors but we can look at those later.)

Agree! Keep in mind that properties (on buildings for example) can be manipulated also by basically everything:

-Tech
-Civic
-Other buildings in the city
-Resources
-I think even terrain directly (thus removing the need for autobuildings).

There are a lot of gread toys to play with, and I think we should really review the whole property system base on those new insights. Here is a list of cool stuff we can do. And we really should do. I would suggest to do it per era, or probably per 10 (or 5) columns. Just a few at a time, then playtest it and so on. This could be a small side project which slowly enhances the gameplay A LOT.

I do think we still need to reduce a great deal of those flammability values - there's a number of GREAT buildings I WON'T build because they'll just destroy themselves and possibly worse. Most of the first buildings offering flammability have like +5 where I'd think +1 would be sufficient. It'd be useful to chart out the flammability modifiers on buildings by the tech X line it's unlocked on. Then we could take a more clear look at those modifiers and get them to build up a bit over time. There's still nothing in the early stage of the game that can help with flammability and perhaps some autobuildings to reduce flammability based simply on the surrounding terrains could help. Access to water and such. But yeah, I don't think fixing the events is all that needs to happen here. There's zero margin for more flammability than what is absolutely necessary to have, such as from the fire pits derived from Controlled Fire.

I like the concept of flammability in the game I just think the modifications are being applied with a bit too heavy a hand - at least in the early stage. (I also think this is probably true for many air and water pollution factors but we can look at those later.)

If you want to discuss Flammability do it in the main topic where all the info has been posted.

C2C - Flammability
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=442076

Top Bottom