Flash sale on steam including BNW

Incitatus

Chieftain
Hello, i am a long time lurker and gotm-player. I just noticed a flash-sale (only eight hours!) on steam. Not only do you get 75% on civ5 gold, but also 33% on brave new word!

Go and get it!

It was 10% prior to it's EU release, now it's 33% off. I am glad I waited :D

This kind of stuff makes me feel really appreciated as a loyal, pre-ordering customer. :) It's a small enough sum, so I'll treat it as a lesson.

I knew there was a summer sale coming and actually I counted on it :D Was nearly buying it 2 days prior to release, but eh, seems like I'm getting a better deal. Sucks for pre-order customers tho..

The fact that release was same day as summer sale made me wait. 10% didn't feel like an offer I couldn't afford to gamble on. It has a bit of sour taste though... not exactly a graceful move.

Well, it's a first. I certainly never pre-ordered a game that got a bigger discount on the very day it is released (in EU). :p It's good for those who waited, though.

The fact that release was same day as summer sale made me wait. 10% didn't feel like an offer I couldn't afford to gamble on. It has a bit of sour taste though... not exactly a graceful move.

To be honest I didn't expect this to be discounted for a couple of months at least, I can understand those that pre-ordered (in EU) being a bit miffed tho.

I bought BNW and G&K back on 7/8 and 7/9, respectively. I realized yesterday that I still don't have access to all the civs. How many more things do I have to buy to have access to all the content released to this point?

Thanks! Just purchased it.

I bought BNW and G&K back on 7/8 and 7/9, respectively. I realized yesterday that I still don't have access to all the civs. How many more things do I have to buy to have access to all the content released to this point?

You should be able to "upgrade to gold" to acquire any DLC you've missed in the past. It's about $7.50 with the sales last time I checked.

For me, though, the only thing I DON'T have is Korea and the Ancient Wonders scenario, and since I don't like scenarios, the Korean civ isn't worth $2.50 for me. When you first start the game, one of the options is "DLC." That'll tell you what you have, and you can compare that with everything available on steam.

Most of these add-ons aren`t ever worth the full price. Always best to wait and bide your time.

I was going to wait for the summer sale, but I couldn't resist the urge to try all the new features/civs :crazyeye:

Well, BNW preorder customers now got a free copy of Civ4 as a token of apology. Not that I didn't already have it, twice, but I guess the gesture matters. Steam claims that the sale for BNW was a mistake on their part.

Top Bottom