Flavour settlers & workers

Luumi

Chieftain
I'm trying to add group-specific flavour units, and a problem arose in regards to settlers and workers.

So, what I'm doing is making a 5 new units with the same stats and then assign it to the respective civs (eg. an Asian archer, then assign it to China, Japan, Korea, India & Mongolia; then an European archer, etc.) Everything is going okay, but the problem is that SFAIK there is no way to give different starting units to each civ. So, even though they can only produce their respective workers/settlers, they always start with the standard ones. It's not so bad I guess, but since I'm a bit neat-freak, it's really annoying me... :(

So, does anybody hier know how to fix it, or at least any way around that?:confused:

PS.: I'm using Conquests here

Yes it´s a question for that forum. But you are lucky and get an answer here.:)

You can do specific settings for a scenario that overwrite the default settings, but this is some work and needs some practice with the editor:

Scenario=> Here click on "Custom Player data" (so that a hook appears in front of it). When this is done, click in that menue to "Scenario Properties" => Players => than assign a special civ to each player number, click on the box "Civilization Defaults", so that the hook here is disapearing and than you can assign special starting units and starting techs to that civ. Repeat this procedure for every civ in game. If you only want to change these settings for some civs, you can leave the rest civs with default settings.

Not so easy, but it can be done. :D

Hm, that's an interesting way around it, but then wouldn't it mean that you would only be able to play with one civ? :confused: Well, at any rate I'll sure try it out when I get home.
BTW, sorry for posting in the wrong forum, I'll be more careful next time! :blush:

Hm, that's an interesting way around it, but then wouldn't it mean that you would only be able to play with one civ? :confused:

No, if the human player option box is marked, every of these civs can be played by a human player. But if the civs have different starting units, you must assign that civ to a fixed player number.

Top Bottom